Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tow Rig

Nice looking truck.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Had to fill up the new truck last Saturday.

odometer showed 550 miles for the first tank, minus 17 since it had that when i bought it.
    I was just over the low limit light.

Truck showed apx 60 miles left on the tank,
    Tank average was 16.2 on the computer
    Shows 16.8 on the instant average computer for the last 10 minutes

32 gallons later, Hand Calc was apx 16.6 mpg.

Surprised the computer was so close, and I like the numbers.
    F350 was a solid 15.5 but weighing in at a cool 3K more.

interesting though is the Diesel and the Eco have the same size tank, the most I ever put in the diesel was 32 and that's when the computer said i had 5 miles left.
    The Eco still had plenty to go but I was going into Portland and didn't want to look for a station.

Overall after 550 miles I'm real happy with the truck, it rides and drives great. Feels very roomy, has good get up and go.

My one HUGE complaint is the CHEAP TIRES they put on new trucks. OMG these Good Year Wrangler SP-A suck nuts.
    The cause the truck to feel unstable in turns at 60 and you can just feel them rolling side to side.

Other then that, and the New Truck Payment I'm looking at I'm pretty happy. Going to need to double down a few payments, then refi this thing to get the new truck payments back to my old truck payments LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My gas mileage steadily improved from the first day until about 4500 miles, where is steadied out. You should see some improvement on that.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default New Tow Rig

Nice mike! Welcome to Ecoboost.
    Now give me Some tips to make me love mine and not go back to a Chevy or GMC
    Mine drives great. Tows great but Just a disappointment for mileage
    Only way to get posted mpg is 55mph
    Drops hard 65+
    Who drives 55 except in the city??

Looks great. How long before there are tires and Rims added??
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I was hoping Brad would get in on this. It's not all just love on the ecoboost. I have a relative close to buying something and would love to share the full debate on these.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default New Tow Rig

I know half my issue is lack of trust and mental due to issues at 4k and 8k miles. I won't trust it post warranty.
    I love the torquey acceleration
    Truck rides great. I Tried to trade it for a v8 that looked just like mandleys back a month ago. Funny. Dealership offered me $30k for. 12 month old truck with 20k miles. I told them that if the ford dealership thought I should want another if they lose 40% value in 1 year they were crazy. They upped $1k and never chased once after I left. I was shocked.
    I will most likely end up with a Chevy or gmc but we'll see.
    I do believe there is some intermittent issues with mine. Sometimes it tows awesome. Others not so awesome.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Nice mike! Welcome to Ecoboost.
    Now give me Some tips to make me love mine and not go back to a Chevy or GMC
    Mine drives great. Tows great but Just a disappointment for mileage
    Only way to get posted mpg is 55mph
    Drops hard 65+
    Who drives 55 except in the city??

Looks great. How long before there are tires and Rims added??
    I watch my mileage pretty close, I try to keep it under 2K RPMs, once you spool them twin turbos the mileage drops as the power comes on. Only time will tell on how well I keep liking this truck. I was kinda between a rock and a hard place when I sold my Diesel.

I hated to sell it but I just couldn't see sinking thousands into it for oil leaks. I would want to go full bore with studs, EGR deletes, and other upgraded stuff if i was already in that deep. Who knows, maybe in a few years ill be back in a Diesel IDK.

Rims, well I like the Rims for the most part, only thing grey on the truck that matches the boat, and the boat rims are black LOL.

Tires, well so fare GoodYear Wrangle SA-R Suck nuts, I hate them. Not going to replace them just yet but Yes i hate them.

I did a lot of research and talking to other Eco owners I know who tow before i took a sip of the Eco cool-aid. This is one reason why i wanted such a large warranty attached. I have no desire to own a new anything without warranty.

Wish the Vette had a warranty sometimes LOL. After the opti-spark, water pump, fuel pump issues and now to find out the heater core is 3/4 clogged. I would have made money on that real fast LOL. Not complaining though because to drive the car sure puts a smile on my face.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike welcome to the Ecoboost club. As many like and some dislike there trucks i am glad to say my truck is still awesome. Two glitches, one to be fixed next week is a buzzing door speaker,and no i do not intend to replace them with Exile or whatever at the moment, warranty will cover this. The other as you kinda touch on is tires.

I opted for the 20'' rims with the Pirelli all season tires. These bar non are the worst ,factory all season tires we have had,This is truck number 5 and all have been ok or decent in snow, with some weight and using 4x4 at times except for these. I/we did not feel confident at all in snow to the point i would not even dream of going to a ski hill etc. This year i bought some steel factory 17'' rims with some Hankook SNOW tires and it is Night and day difference. After reading more about the Pirelli tires likely after another summer season , i will be looking at different tires all together.

As for the gas milleage, yes the Ecoboost doesn't get what they claim.... They all Lie, doesn't matter what the brand ,BUT i did notice at around 250000 KM my truck loosened up and i average about 1,2 MPG better, again depending on driving.

As for pulling, i have a smaller ,lighter Outback DD but it easily pulls this with plenty of power to spare. When pulling in mountain passes etc, I like little cars take full advantage of passing lanes etc, FLYING past others and essentially having very little trouble keeping up to normal traffic etc.
    I'm still contemplating the power upgrade up to 50HP and 200ftlbs , but have yet to pull the trigger on this. A local shop does this and DYNO verifys there numbers but its a pricey touch for them as its just under 2K . Then there are still the warranty issues??? Some say yes , some say no and i can use the install shops 1 year warranty for this as well......This shop speciallizes in Blower upgrades but to make Turbo guys happy they offer some stuff for us as well. Many major speed shops and Car companys offer this but rarely do they road test and or Dyno tune as well and DYNO verify.. Anyways Nice looking truck and looking forward to hear your take on truck upgrades etc.
    Last edited by Mikey; 12-26-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

Tires, well so fare GoodYear Wrangle SA-R Suck nuts, I hate them. Not going to replace them just yet but Yes i hate them.
    pretty sure that's the same tire on my ram, they do suck. Used to have 35" toyo mud ta's on my last truck-felt like it was on truck rails, could take the freeway off ramp at 60mph, now these stockers and I can barely do 54 without feeling like the sidewalls are folding over.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Mike welcome to the Ecoboost club. As many like and some dislike there trucks i am glad to say my truck is still awesome. Two glitches, one to be fixed next week is a buzzing door speaker,and no i do not intend to replace them with Exile or whatever at the moment, warranty will cover this. The other as you kinda touch on is tires.

I opted for the 20'' rims with the Pirelli all season tires. These bar non are the worst ,factory all season tires we have had,This is truck number 5 and all have been ok or decent in snow, with some weight and using 4x4 at times except for these. I/we did not feel confident at all in snow to the point i would not even dream of going to a ski hill etc. This year i bought some steel factory 17'' rims with some Hankook SNOW tires and it is Night and day difference. After reading more about the Pirelli tires likely after another summer season , i will be looking at different tires all together.

As for the gas milleage, yes the Ecoboost doesn't get what they claim.... They all Lie, doesn't matter what the brand ,BUT i did notice at around 250000 KM my truck loosened up and i average about 1,2 MPG better, again depending on driving.

As for pulling, i have a smaller ,lighter Outback DD but it easily pulls this with plenty of power to spare. When pulling in mountain passes etc, I like little cars take full advantage of passing lanes etc, FLYING past others and essentially having very little trouble keeping up to normal traffic etc.
    I'm still contemplating the power upgrade up to 50HP and 200ftlbs , but have yet to pull the trigger on this. A local shop does this and DYNO verifys there numbers but its a pricey touch for them as its just under 2K . Then there are still the warranty issues??? Some say yes , some say no and i can use the install shops 1 year warranty for this as well......This shop speciallizes in Blower upgrades but to make Turbo guys happy they offer some stuff for us as well. Many major speed shops and Car companys offer this but rarely do they road test and or Dyno tune as well and DYNO verify.. Anyways Nice looking truck and looking forward to hear your take on truck upgrades etc.
    I have warranty on my speakers too so no plans to upgrade them to Exiles LOL.

I have heard some things about the power adders for the truck but since its new, and has an extensive extended warranty I doubt I do any upgrades unless the dealer is ok with it. Some companies the dealers let you use because they are Ford certified, like Roush, but I haven't looked into it to much as of yet.

Moombadaze I'm with you on the tire difference. After having the E tires on the F350 these feel squishy. The good thing is I was at the dealer yesterday to get the PNW package <clear coat hardener, and interior treatment they had a 14 FX4 like mine with 20s, a 4 inch lift, and big all season BFs and Claudia gave me the thumbs up. So that might be in the future but doubt it will be a 14 upgrade.

I really have to rebuild the savings account after the wedding and AZ trip drained it.

This year is mostly a maintain and save year.
    [COLOR="#696969"]