Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    85k. What issues are you talking about regarding dodge?
    I really having heard anything.
    injectors, trans, mostly.

but like everything its all how you drive it, maintain it and such.

I know my F350 had 3 radiators and some egr issues under 30K but that's typical on the 08s before Ford updated the radiators.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Took turns driving my buddies '13 eco from upstate NY to White Lake NC to pick up his Z1. 19-20 mph on the way down without boat, awesome. 9-10 mph on the way back with boat, sad.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Took turns driving my buddies '13 eco from upstate NY to White Lake NC to pick up his Z1. 19-20 mph on the way down without boat, awesome. 9-10 mph on the way back with boat, sad.
    Contrary to what not claim the F350 averages 12 mpg to AZ and back with the boat. That's not bad but certainly not great. In time I'll be able to tow the boat and really see how it does.

The F350 got on average 3 mpg less in OR then AZ do to the hills here
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Congrats on the new one and sorry on the old one. Love the black on this one. I see some Exile in its future.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Bum deal on the diesel but the new truck looks great.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Nice ride, but Wow Mr Diesel - gotta say I'm surprised.

With the way you turn over vehicles you oughta just get a dealer's license.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Contrary to what not claim the F350 averages 12 mpg to AZ and back with the boat. That's not bad but certainly not great. In time I'll be able to tow the boat and really see how it does.

The F350 got on average 3 mpg less in OR then AZ do to the hills here
    I had a guy argue with me that diesels get the same fuel mileage towing as they do not towing. I couldn't convince him that more weight means you need more power which means you need more fuel and air. Some people

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I had a guy argue with me that diesels get the same fuel mileage towing as they do not towing. I couldn't convince him that more weight means you need more power which means you need more fuel and air. Some people

Sent from my iPhone
    Berg yes it was hard to step out of a diesel but I just don't want to spend enough to buy a new one, and I don't want a used one again. I have considered getting a dealers license, not out of the question LOL.

Dave, exactly people say that all the time. Its not true at all. I hear people say all the time their diesel gets mid teens towing and 20 on the highway. Yes they can get 20 on the highway but that pretty rare up here. In AZ I was getting 19-22 all day if i kept it under 70. its flat there.

Towing best I saw was 14 going from Utah to AZ but average was 12-12.5 and in OR its 10-12 depending where I'm going.

Now the Eco i hear the same things that people are getting 20 highway, and mid teens towing. I don't believe it for a second. If I get 17+ highway and 11 towing I'm more then happy as that's the most common mileage I saw in the diesel.

Big difference might be the sheer power I have towing when I want to pass someone or up the mountains. Time will tell.

My diesel was 600hp and 1K torque but only when in street mode, in tow mode it was closer to 400hp and 650 torque due to me running it closer to stock so it wouldn't break.

I'm hoping the Eco with its 365hp and 420 torque and 2K less weight will make up the torque difference.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My best was 21 mpg on HWY, mostly 20.1-20.4. Worst round town has been 17.1. Only towed distance a few times. in the low 13's. All of this in FL, with a direct drive ski boat.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I hope all the mileage claims on here are not using onboard data but rather the tried and true miles driven off the odo and gallons replaced from a full tank to a full tank. there's enough articles out there from the automotive press world showing those onboard computers are a good guide but not real accurate. mike is thinking real world in his expectations based on what I have read on the eco that ford's claims are not real world but then NO sticker on any vehicle out there are reporting factual data.
    I check mine with every fillup in both trucks. my 2k f150 heavyhalf has been turning 12.5-12.8 pretty consistently since I bought it in '07. the '98 ranger 4.0 4x4 I picked up here in wisconsin is turning 16.5 tank to tank. I see people with that engine stating 20. all I have to say is prove it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten