Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    whats so bad about a little drop when the boat is hooked up
    Nothing when its a little, but when its 3inches and I don't even have people or gear in the back lol.

Also Moomadaze I think you asked about the bed cover? Hasn't leaked a drop. Worked perfectly and my mileage seems to be getting better, been getting 18 pretty consistently since I installed it. Might be the fact the rear of the truck is higher then the front now by 1 inch like factory.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Just a little update on this Ecoboost.

Took it to Lake Billy Chinook over the 4th, I was really impressed with the power this truck really has. We had 5 adults, all our gear for a 3 day trip, including 200lbs of ice in the big cooler. Boat was loaded with coolers and gear from everyone.

Truck pulled no problem at all. We went up the mountains, down the mountains, around the curves and it performed great. At no point going uphill did I ever feel like i needed or wanted more power. Truck pulled strong uphills and easily would hold 60-65mph. Going down hills the Tow/haul was working better then my diesels did in reguards to it would just down shift automatically, I didn't have to touch the brakes.

Turbo Lag is noticeable when you leave from a stop for about 2 seconds. At least in my truck, when you hit the gas you feel the V6 as it rolls off the line but when it hits 1500 rpm and the turbos boost up, its literally a rush of power and the truck just pulls like a mule.

Only time I really noticed I dint have the big diesel power was passing people with the boat in tow. I could 80 passing but much more then that and she seemed like she would be wide open.

My diesels would pull the boat at 90 no issues but you not really comparing even engines LOL.

Milage was as expected, 9 going up to LBC, 10 coming home.

F350s would get 10 up and 11 down so overall not bad.

Fuel cost was more with the F150 and the fact that our Gas Prices have equaled or passed Diesel prices isn't helping.
    In December gas was 3.20 and its not 3.95 and diesel has been steady 3.85 the entire time.

When not towing my Eco still gets 17-18.5 per tank. I am mixed driving, 40 miles highway speeds to work and 20 city for a total of 60 miles round trip per work day. Good thing I only work 14 days a month LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]