Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tow Rig

Hybrid View

Default New Tow Rig

Well I had my hand forced by the Diesel Gods or Demons of the International Engine.
    We have had such bad cold weather up here that driving the Diesel to work the last couple weeks and starting it when the oil and coolant was 24 degrees broke a lot of things.
    At home I plug it in to the house to warm the engine, at work it sits, for 13 hours in the cold ;(

Last Saturday the truck blew a front crank seal, then oil pump seal, then oil pan seal. by Monday it was leaking 3 good size puddle in 10 minutes. When we went to the dealer to have it looked at it literally had 4 inch wide, from the left tire to the right tire of oil on the ground in 15 minutes. Costing a minimum of 3k up wards of 5k or more to remove the cab of the truck and engine to reseal everything was a deal breaker for me.

I have had to hang up my Diesel hat and pull out my Gas Truck hat again. I was sad at first but honestly the more time i spend in my new truck the more I'm ok with the choice.

I have crossed over to the EcoBoost crowd.

Pluses I see are i worked a 7/75K true bumper to bumper warranty in the deal where everything is covered except tires. This includes the brakes, bulbs even wiper blades. Also got the service package added that covers all maintenance, oil changes, belts, hoses, trans, rear end services.

Spent 6 hours at the dealer making the deal but I was like a pit bull on my expectations

So fare truck is showing 18mpg and with gas .75 cents a gallon cheaper that will be nice.

I choose a 13 F150 FX4 Super Crew Eco Boost with a 6.5 bed on it. i was lucky to even find one as the 6.5 beds are pretty uncommon i hear.

I went with a Black truck again because i just love Black LOL. I guess this means my next boat will be Black.

Today she goes in for the front leveling kit, and Monday is Window tint.

Heres some pics.

In this pic you can actually see some of the oil the diesel was leaking, that was Saturday when it started after 10 minutes.

Dealer Pics.

Last edited by mmandley; 12-14-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

[COLOR="#696969"]

[COLOR="#696969"]

Default New Tow Rig

Sweet new ride, but sure sorry to hear of the issues you had with the other truck.

nice truck.

will be interesting to hear some longterm results of the ecoboost. seems that the ford camp is pretty split on the eco vs coyote engine.
    having owned several turbo'ed cars, lots of room left in that engine for tuning, but 2xturbos = 2x$$ when there's issues.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    nice truck.

will be interesting to hear some longterm results of the ecoboost. seems that the ford camp is pretty split on the eco vs coyote engine.
    having owned several turbo'ed cars, lots of room left in that engine for tuning, but 2xturbos = 2x$$ when there's issues.
    Exactly but this is why I got the big warrenty as part of my deal. The last 2 trucks i got where used, and had short warrenties, this is my 2nd New Truck also my 2nd F150. I got a buddy at Ford that has this truck but in the Limited trim, he hadded the cold air intake, exhaust and tuner. Longer term i plan to change the air intake, and exhaust, but doubt I go tuner on this truck because I don't want warrenty issues.

I hear about the same, 50/50 on like and dislike the EcoBoost. I'm hoping i stay in the Like catagory. I'll be stuck with this truck for 3 years before I'm green enough to make a trade worth while.

I plan to keep this truck quite a while since I generally only trade my trucks when I get castrostophic failures.

Drew, big F350 will be missed, I know I'll miss it the most pulling large grades, and being able to haul all the gear in the 8ft bed. Claudia was pretty upset when she heard the news on the 350. I think she liked that truck more then me, if thats possible LOL.

I will own a diesel again but not untill I feel comfortable paying 60+ for a new one. I am done with Used trucks. Bought 2 in the last 4 years and both went south right at 100K.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

I plan to keep this truck quite a while
    Ha. This may be the most funny posts you have ever had. Dude, you have had more trucks in the past 4 yrs than I have in the past 40!

Nice looking ride. (and I'm not even a Ford man)
    2014 Mondo

Nice looking truck. Whats the towing capacity on that thing? I am hoping to upgrade before summer rolls around and was thinking of an f150 with ecoboost.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 Moomba Mojo

Mike - Handsome truck. Regarding the diesel, were the repairs covered by warranty? - Stuart
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles