Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sadly for us , some of these Off brands are not always available to us Canadians. There are a few brands you get that we don,t and our pricing is ususally quite a bit higher. A brand i like is Cooper , but they are hard to find. You luckily have a MUCH better selection and prices when it come to tires. When the time truely comes, i may come south and pick up new tires ,while on holidays , but for replacement issues i will likely try to find a brand that possibly is available here as well, just in case i have a blowout or something and want to try to match brands etc.

Even paying Duty etc, buying tires down there is likely cheeper than buying up here.....

I get almost all my tires here these days. Used to mount and balance myself but lately I've been taking them in. I don't have the old snap on wheel balancer anymore.

http://www.tirerack.com/

shipping FAQ page: http://www.tirerack.com/FAQ/results....egory=Shipping
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-06-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I put some yokohama geolanders on the ford 4 years ago. I love them. granted I don't drive the truck much(500 miles in the last 6 months) but they have around 10k on them and have shown no wear and, although they are 10ply, no flex when towing. I was supposed to get coopers but the shop had these instock and offered them for $725. I'm more than happy and will shop yoko again when I need them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Put some of those on my Isuzu Ascender (same as Trailblazer and Envoy) I used to have. They were very good. If you like them look at Discounttireonline, I think, or ebay's Discount Tire sales. They have these a lot and always have free shipping. It's a deal maker for me when they do that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I like to use Toyo Open Country AT tires, they wear real nice, they get great snow traction, and they are 10 ply side wall tow rated tired.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I've thought about going online , but sadly next to none offer free shipping to us up North. Then as i mentioned if i pick a brand thats not easily available and i have a blowout, then i'm kinda screwed if i want to match up for a repair etc.

You guys in the south have a huge advantage, selection, price wise over us Northerners . Not just on tires but on automotive on a whole, plus many other products sadly...

Beer, groceries , you name it. Although , our beer is usually more money, sometimes its worth the extra cash. haha
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I like to use Toyo Open Country AT tires, they wear real nice, they get great snow traction, and they are 10 ply side wall tow rated tired.
    X2. [10 charactors]
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default New Tow Rig

Best handling vehicle I have ever driven in the snow period.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Best handling vehicle I have ever driven in the snow period.
    I have to say I'm quite impressed with the truck after driving it 200 miles in the snow week.

With 4H on and the rear axle lock mode on it doesn't slide at all.
    I love the auto locking rear axle, below 20 it engages and from a stop I get no slipping or sliding on the snow/ice pack.

At home the street is all up hill, not real steep but the plow doesn't come up the street, it is 8inches deep and then you have all the ruts and tracks from other people.

Even with the Good Year ST-A street tires it has done awesome.

Ford really seemed to put some time into the Traction control, 4x4 and locking rear axle.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default New Tow Rig

Test confirms my findings.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJI0tLMVpI#

And that one doesn't even have the locker. I ran 2wd with the locker engaged and was amazed. I had to find really steep hills to need 4wd. Tried the hill descent and It seems like the shift assist that holds the vehicle on a steep grade is automatic? Because on steep hills I could stop, shit to reverse and the truck wouldn't roll forward when going from brake to gas.
    I found neighborhoods that no cars had ventured in or out of and had zero problems even driving slow, stopping, and starting just to make it more difficult. I had a lot of time on my hands to screw around while my neighbors F350 on 37's had to back down the hill numerous times after he couldn't get up only to fail and take a couple of tries to get out the easier way.
    Deep snow would be another story but for 90% of my snow driving this makes anything else I've ever driven obsolete.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    , shit to reverse
    Hope you got leather seats...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...