Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forgot to mention my favorite of the week. Southern Tier 2X IPA. We get this on tap at the local watering hole here:

http://www.stbcbeer.com/works-2-cols/2xipa-beer-page/

Here's a little bucket list to try:

http://firstwefeast.com/drink/30-gre...efore-you-die/
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Checking out that list now. I love a good IPA list.

I have had Southern Tier 2x IPA. My daughter works at a Pizza place and has about 16 rotating taps and they get some good stuff. Had the Southern Tier there, very good.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

So on that list of 30 I've had:

Sculpin IPA
    DFH 90
    Sierra Nevada Celebration
    Brewdog Punk IPA
    Green Flash West Coast IPA
    Great Divide Titan IPA
    Lagunitas IPA
    Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
    Stone Enjoy by IPA
    DFH 120
    Bear Republic Racer 5
    Brooklyn East IPA
    Founders Centennial IPA
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo

I'd call that a pretty good start. I can't believe they didn't have any of the Pliny beers from Russian River on the list though, those win awards every year and are definitely tasty. I would have also expected to maybe see Avery's Maharaja on the list.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default The Great Micro-Brew Thread

Shiner Holiday cheer is all you need. We have a micro by our house called no label. I have not tried anything from there yet but apparently they have an open house like every other weekend. They are located inside an old silo at the old rice mill in old town katy.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Shiner Holiday cheer is all you need. We have a micro by our house called no label. I have not tried anything from there yet but apparently they have an open house like every other weekend. They are located inside an old silo at the old rice mill in old town katy.

Sent from my iPhone
    I've been to No Labels Saturday events before David. Worth stopping by at least once, some nice people. They make a couple of beers I enjoy too. Their Mint IPA is a nice twist and they make a Milk Stout called Edna M., I think, that is pretty good. Lisa calls the Milk Stout crunch beer, but just because it is so dark. I have not tried their Jalapeno Ale, but have heard it is interesting. Probably goes well with Mexican food.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I've been to No Labels Saturday events before David. Worth stopping by at least once, some nice people. They make a couple of beers I enjoy too. Their Mint IPA is a nice twist and they make a Milk Stout called Edna M., I think, that is pretty good. Lisa calls the Milk Stout crunch beer, but just because it is so dark. I have not tried their Jalapeno Ale, but have heard it is interesting. Probably goes well with Mexican food.
    Well you and Lisa need to come on down and Heidi and I can meet yall over there! That place is literally like 3 miles from our house
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

This one tonight was very cheap and pretty darn good. Never heard of it even though it's from Chicago.

Argus Pegasus IPA

Here's a link to the description:

http://www.argusbrewery.com/our-beers/argus-brands/
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Best ipa i have ever had is pliney the elder, they use to sell it in bottles and select tap rooms but now i believe the only place you can get it is at the brewery in san fran. If any of you see it anywhere i suggest picking it up it will blow you away and leave you wanting more.
    2002 outback lsv 320 tbi
    02 f 150 supercrew lariat

Dare I come in here and gloat? So many good micros around here where do I start. All the ski resorts up at Mt. Hood have Cloud Cap Amber, and I had no idea until today it is a Mt Hood Brewery beer (perhaps some of you have had their Ice Axe) anyhoo...it's very tasty check it out. https://untappd.com/brewery/6319/beer
    -Jake

I made it down to our local micro brewery for the afternoon today and they have some delicious stuff going on there. Not to mention you can get 4 pints for $12. That's a heck of a deal! And then you can bring your pint glass back for the next open house and get 4 pints for $5!

Sent from my iPhone
    David