Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Just got the new board

Hanging onto the rope isn't surfing . . .

IMO, buying a board based on the size of your wave isn't the way to go about finding the right one. Focus on rider size, ability and preference of surf or skim.

Both the Mondo & Mojo can be surfed with stock ballast but both will produce improved waves very easily by plugging in larger ballast bags. There are some rather simple ways to tie in an IBS to really improve the surf wave on both of these boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfeeney View Post
    Hi,

I' am looking at the exact same board for my family. In regards to its performance from what I've been reading about it seems to me alot of the performance is tied to the size of your wake. Are you planning on using the stock ballast in the Mondo? If so you may have to hang onto the rope while you surf. I'm in the same position as you where I just bought a left over Mojo and I have the stock gravity 3 ballast and I am trying to figure out which board to go with. Let the forum know how this board works when you get to try it out.
    Will do. I'm planning on adding some ballast, just not sure exactly what yet.
    2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by TJockey View Post
    Will do. I'm planning on adding some ballast, just not sure exactly what yet.
    while I haven't yet had a chance to set up & surf a Mondo, from climbing around in one quite a bit, I think you could probably get away with a similar setup to this:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=mojo+ballast

Might need 750's in the rear and the port underseat might be overkill, but I'd definitely try and get the IBS to lengthen out the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    while I haven't yet had a chance to set up & surf a Mondo, from climbing around in one quite a bit, I think you could probably get away with a similar setup to this:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=mojo+ballast

Might need 750's in the rear and the port underseat might be overkill, but I'd definitely try and get the IBS to lengthen out the wave.
    cool thanks!
    2014 Mondo