Default Oz HD Tower Speaker Wiring

I was at the dealer the other day looking at a 2014 Mojo when I noticed a different hole drilled in the tower for the factory installed tower speakers. The hole was drilled at the factory in the front upright tube just below the rear crossmember. This same crossmember has two holes with grommets in it already from the manufacturer (Xtreme Tower Products). SC had to drill the new hole so that the speaker wire could come out of the upright tube and then go into the rear crossmember. Why doesnt Xtreme put a larger hole in the upright tube behind where the rear crossmember is welded on? Why bother drilling holes in the crossmember at all if you can't use them without drilling new holes? I feel that Xtreme should either make them usable, or not put them in at all.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Why doesnt Xtreme put a larger hole in the upright tube behind where the rear crossmember is welded on? Why bother drilling holes in the crossmember at all if you can't use them without drilling new holes? I feel that Xtreme should either make them usable, or not put them in at all.
    AMEN! Trying to hide all the wires is a struggle, can be done but a BIG pain in the A$$ drilling the hole in the upright at the port crossmember. Funny Thing is they DO have a big hole on the starboard upright behind the crossmember for the nav white light wires.