Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Cool Christmas Gifts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TJockey View Post
    This year it was easy. The wife and I bought a 2014 Mondo for each other and the kids. Just got the new surfboard. Bring on Christmas we don't know how much longer we can keep our mouths shut. Can't wait to the the kids reaction Cristmas eve when we tell them!
    That's going to be an awesome Christmas morning. If your kids are anything like me when I was a kid there is no better gift you could have gotten! I hope you and your family gain years of good memories together out on the water!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

All 3 kids this year are getting iPod touches - mainly so Mom can have her phone back. She doesn't know it yet, but Jill will be getting a new iPad. On top of that, the oldest and Jill are both getting surfboards. I'm done spending money...
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    All 3 kids this year are getting iPod touches - mainly so Mom can have her phone back. She doesn't know it yet, but Jill will be getting a new iPad. On top of that, the oldest and Jill are both getting surfboards. I'm done spending money...
    What a good dad! I am sure we will see Jill carving with her new surf board at the Jam next year!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    What a good dad! I am sure we will see Jill carving with her new surf board at the Jam next year!

Sent from my iPhone
    If you are there
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

I have twin boys who are 13 now and have been constantly borrowing laptops from mom, sis, me, etc. They are each getting new ones (they have a tablet already and there is a community IPAD they use). I wish I had a good idea for phones for them. I already have 4 on my plan. Maybe I'll start a "work for your phone" plan and do prepays or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

But dad "EVERYBODY has a smartphone at school" according to my 12 yr old

What's the limit on your family plan? You might consider branching off, let the kids do the shared multi-line plan, do an individual plan of your own. They're the ones who will burn up all the data and msgs. You may be able to downgrade your own features and save a few bucks. Then you get the newest phone and pass your old one down!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    But dad "EVERYBODY has a smartphone at school" according to my 12 yr old

!
    You just need to remind them of what Dave Ramsey says. Right now you need to live like nobody else so later on you can live like nobody else. Haha

Sent from my iPhone
    David

That's going to be an awesome Christmas morning. If your kids are anything like me when I was a kid there is no better gift you could have gotten! I hope you and your family gain years of good memories together out on the water!

Sent from my iPhone
    Thanks, the memories are what are after. BTW, I think the wife and are more excited for Christmas than the kids. But they will go nuts!
    2014 Mondo

You just need to remind them : you need to live like nobody else so later on you can live like nobody else.
    I have friends who can attest that we live like this and with 6 kids get to enjoy an amazing life. I admit I did give in on the phone thing when the oldest daughter (and 2nd one a few yrs later) started twirling/cheering and would need to be in contact for rides, etc. My wife's business takes care of a chunk of the bill (self employed expense, partially) but we have 4 on the plan and a max of 5. With 2 boys 13 and soon to start HS, I am struggling to find a fair and balanced way to do it. I fully understand how teens waste their time on their phones but also understand how a kid can miss out if he's not "connected" to what is going on. Unfortunately, I don't have a good plan to strike the balance between "cool" and fiscally responsible. I am going to ask the two daughters who have benefited for the last 4 and 6 years respectively for some insight. You never know what you might find out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Got 2.0 Taurus 9mm, and a Witten jersey. Kids got a variety of stuff, pretty much dominated with 1D licensing.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's