Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I sent them a email and am waiting to hear back. Thought I would try and see if anyone out there had tackled the problem already. Thank

Be careful what modifications are done and be sure to do your math. As stated before stingers reduce your weight pulling capacity and moving the boat or adding an additional tongue length moves the center of mass and be a pita if you have to move the axle assemblies and reweigh each time.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I had a similar issue with my last boat when I pulled it behind my fifth wheel. I needed a little less toung weight, and I needed clearance for the bike rack on back when turning. I moved the boat, winch, and roller back about a foot. This solved everything for me.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    I had a similar issue with my last boat when I pulled it behind my fifth wheel. I needed a little less toung weight, and I needed clearance for the bike rack on back when turning. I moved the boat, winch, and roller back about a foot. This solved everything for me.
    Did your boat hang over about a foot behind the rear of the bunks then? The bunks on my trailer seem pretty particular, and I think I'd have to at least move the "V" bunks back the equivalent foot or else the boat wouldn't be resting on them it seems.

Did you have any sway issues reducing the tongue weight? I'd be very weary changing the dynamics of the boat on the trailer for a single axle, but sounds like it worked out for you. I'm thinking of pulling my LSV behind my fifth wheel also, and the tongue weight concerned me with my single axle boat trailer.

Good luck OP, let us know what Boat Mate thinks!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

So had a couple of months to do some figuring on this and looks like I'm going to get a Reese 18" 2x2 ext. it's rated for 600/6000 weight distribution. I already a wd hitch so figure its pretty easy. Even when I rerate my truck hitch from 1200/12000 wd by the 50% due to the extension. Works on paper, thoughts???