Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Boatmate breakaway tongue

I just bought a new mondo and I'm wondering if anyone has added a extra foot to the tongue length or had a new breakaway piece built for the boatmate trailer. I need about a extra foot of length to clear my camper overhang. The other question I have how long is breakaway piece from the factory? I don't get the boat till may so cant really measure. Thanks

if I understand you correctly, you should be extending your receiver past your camper not your trailer under you camper to your existing receiver.

Default Boatmate breakaway tounge

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    if I understand you correctly, you should be extending your receiver past your camper not your trailer under you camper to your existing receiver.
    Agree with above. Don't mess with the trailer. Maybe something like this is all you need:

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Access...FaTm7AodensA8Q

And, no more answers for you until we hear more about the Mondo. Congrats!

Unfortunately it's a double edge sword. I run a 3500 dodge with a class 4 receiver so it accepts a 750 tw. Using just the slip in extension you reduce tw capacity by about 50% so them I'm at 375lbs. TW on the Mondo is about about 450lbs so now I'm overloaded by about 150lbs. If I extend the tongue of the trailer the moment stays at the receiver so I am still rated for 750lbs tw but gets me additional clearance not the same as moving the pivot point but enough I don't need to worry if I have to turn a bit tight. The hinges do have rating reduction the longer the breakaway is but I'm still within the capacity of the components on the trailer and boat weight.

As for boat details order it in sept arrives next week but won't get the shrink wrap off till I pick it up in May. Lakes here got 8" ice and a foot of snow!

What size is the tongue tubing?

I would seriously consider upgrading your Truck hitch to a Class 5. Prolly cheaper then having the boat tongue extended.

My F350 has a class 5 at 12K with a tongue 1200. With the Mojo it can squat the truck more then the LSV.

I'm wondering if the Mondo is nose heave like the Mojo.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

what happens when you go up a steep incline? I would think it would impact your camper. I built my own extension and added chain out riggers with turnbuckles for lateral support. Mine also had a bracket on the bottom of the camper that supported the extension. Worked fine

I'm shocked the mondo tongue weight is 450lbs. I can lift the tongue of my LSV on a single axle trailer by myself, it's heavy and I have to like use my legs lol but I bet it's maybe 250?

Maybe call Boatmate and see what they think, or if they have a solution for it already. Otherwise, I would definitely be upgrading hitches or extensions way before I'd be trying to change the boat trailer.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Move the boat further back on the trailer to change the balance point..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Move the roller back, or add an extension, be pretty easy for anyone that can weld.. They may even sell something from boat mate or west marine..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I sent them a email and am waiting to hear back. Thought I would try and see if anyone out there had tackled the problem already. Thank