Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Build notification

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    You have a boat being built and haven't finalized financing???

That's exactly why I was freaking out but I didn't know if this is how it worked since it's my first time buying a boat and one that had to be built. I have always qualified for the lowest rate when financing something but I was worried that something weird was going to happen.

I called to set up financing a couple months ago and the credit union/banks told me they needed the details from the boat once it is built and I would have to wait until the boat arrived here to close.

I found out this week that the start date is next tues and I have since finalized financing and am approved so I don't have to worry now.

The whole process just seemed backwards to me. It has been a really great experience otherwise and I can't wait to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spader; 12-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

We had the same thing on ordering and financing our boat. Our dealer already had order slot in for a LSV for a stock boat and they allowed us to take the spot and change the boat to make it what we wanted. So we lucked out on getting our boat a little faster. After we decided on our options I was ready to talk financing and was told to wait till the boat came in. I guess they figure if we back out or didnt get approved the boat would go to stock and someone else would buy it. And as we walk out that day my wife Asked me "So did we just buy a boat or not?" And i told her with no money down and no papers signed we couldnt really get burnt if the deal goes south.

So our boat came in and the dealer put my credit app through. And the next day 2 hrs into our 4 hr trip to the lake to pick it up they call and say "your approved". Boat delivered and we are happy MOOMBA owners!!

I guess hand shake deals still work? Dont see that much anymore.
    2014 MOOMBA LSV
    1998 Response LX (sold)

Default Build notification

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye LSV View Post
    Our dealer already had order slot in for a LSV for a stock boat and they allowed us to take the spot and change the boat to make it what we wanted.
    Now that you say it, I believe this is exactly how ours worked also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo