Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Build notification

So I put money down on a Mondo for a December build.

From all of your past experiences, are there general notifications that are sent out prior to build time.

I know they have the entire month but since it's almost December, I was wondering if I would hear anything.

Not a huge deal, just curious what to expect since I am new to this process.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

In a perfect world your salesman should keep you informed. I ordered mine the first part of Feb last year and it finally showed up mid May. You should be ahead of the curve since they get busy building during the boat shows.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

For both of my ordered boats I got my build date from the dealer, then begged SC customer service for build pics. I got lucky that they weren't too slammed and got progress reports, it was awesome!
    2013 Outback V

I have asked for a more specific date from the dealer but I believe they just started carrying the Moomba brand so they did not know exactly what to expect.

I don't want to keep asking because I don't want to be a pest. That's why I figured I would ask here to see what the norm is.

Just getting a little antsy as December gets closer but I would probably be more patient if I had a more specific date. Just too excited to see this new boat.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

When I had my boat built the dealer said it would start on say Feb 7, I called Skiers Choice the next day Feb 8 the main number and told receptionist I was curious about when boat was starting. She asked my last name and called me back within an hour and told me the stage of boat. I called about 3 weeks later and received another update. They are great people and understand sometimes you want the info from the factory not your boat salesman. It's great hearing from them directly.

Thanks guys. I have been told that it has a December build date but no actual specific date has been shared. I didn't want to keep pestering the dealer if this was normal. I do want to get my financing set up but I know that approvals for some credit unions/banks are only for 30 days and I don't want to run into issues concerning that.

This process just kind of seems backwards to me and I guess that's why I am a little unsettled about the financing and would like to finalize it. Normally for other big purchases, financing would come first but that's not the case when building a boat. I am not complaining at all since I know that is how it works. It just makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

Default Re: Build notification

Does seem backwards ... The dealership didn't want proof of credit?

Congrats on the purchase!

Personally, id go ahead and start handling financing. Make them aware of the situation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

your paying the dealer a premium to be a pest.

If you ordered the base model you have dropped some decent coin be a pest you are paying for that right.

hell I was a pain in the ass over a 13y/o rig.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    ...I do want to get my financing set up but I know that approvals for some credit unions/banks are only for 30 days and I don't want to run into issues concerning that.

This process just kind of seems backwards to me and I guess that's why I am a little unsettled about the financing and would like to finalize it. Normally for other big purchases, financing would come first but that's not the case when building a boat...
    Wow! Could you explain that more? I have only bought two boats brand new and both times I paid in full before they sent the order in for the build.

• You have a boat being built and haven't finalized financing???
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.