Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Either way we should definitely plan another eastern wa/or trip.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Yeah, my bad on that one. Don't cruise the Supra site much if ever. Should have had one of you Supra guys here post up details over there. >>> Next time.

Earlier in the year would be nice for potentially hotter weather and higher water. Wind is always a crap shoot but usually as good or better than what we had. Nice thing about the holiday weekend is that most have that free extra day...

However next year Labor Day is Monday Sept 7 - most likely AFTER school starts so that may be tricky for us with youngins.
    Yep, continuous improvement!!

And I totally agree about the 3-day weekend biz. It's fiercely competitive for my wife to get summer time off. I would imagine there's others that don't have the summer flexibility to take the extra days off here and there.

I certainly like things that are RV or camping friendly. Keeps the costs down so we can put more into the gas tanks!

It's probably too damn cold and unpredictable to do Memorial Day, huh?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

There are a few possible locations besides Prineville but pretty much all of them require early reservations. I've stayed at both the Prineville Res Resort (with the marina) and now the State Park. Both have their pros and cons but in the end I think the State Park wins out. Better and more spots, nicer bathroom/shower facilities, docks are closer, WAY less dusty, a little protected from the wind. Both locations are pretty serious about their quiet hours.

July would be cool. My family would appreciate avoiding the last minute chaos leading right up to school too.

Memorial weekend down there is highs in 70s, lows in 30-40s and not so warm water.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

well, even for labor day weekend, the weather was brisk in the morning. (but oh so worth it!)

But, it was some of the best water I've had since I've owned my boat.

#seriousglass

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who pulled this together. It was fun to finally meet some people face to face, and despite the weather on Saturday it was a fun weekend.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Default Re: 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who pulled this together. It was fun to finally meet some people face to face, and despite the weather on Saturday it was a fun weekend.
    Agreed. Awesome time.

PWI as usual...

Next PNW Jam - July 2015....

Weekend of the 18th?
    Weekend of the 25th?

Reservations can be made as early as next month. Jussayin
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Weekend of the 18th?
    Weekend of the 25th?

Weekend of the 18th. Then my son could come and be corrupted by your kids.

Although I have to say the 3 day holiday weekend was awesome. I'd be down to still do something over that weekend.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Weekend of the 18th?
    Weekend of the 25th?

Seriously?

Its way to early for me to commit to that, and it not being a 3 day weekend most of my crew won't be down for that location.

if this is a serious time frame, I will prolly be a No Go then.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

Although I have to say the 3 day holiday weekend was awesome. I'd be down to still do something over that weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Seriously?

Its way to early for me to commit to that, and it not being a 3 day weekend most of my crew won't be down for that location.

if this is a serious time frame, I will prolly be a No Go then.
    I am a fan of the 3 day weekend when it's a 3.5 hour drive (sans traffic) one way. We were just getting into our mojo (no pun intended) after the 2nd or 3rd day).

I think that most of the people around the campfire were fans of leveraging the holiday weekend. That's the sentiment I heard.

My first and foremost vote is Labor Day weekend.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com