Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Fantastic weekend all things considered.

Our convoy:

On the way there, most of you saw my shredded tire. But we didn't let that stop us.

Morning #1, testing out the slalom wake on some glass. Got to play around a little on my new ski. that was great!

Newty was nice enough to let me ride a couple of his React surfboards.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Pretty much rode each day until I could barely hold onto the rope. Ate like a king and had great times hanging out with friends and meeting new friends.

This morning was glass for hours.

When we were just about done, Mike found us and offered me up Steven's Doomswell. How could I NOT surf the red rocket??? That board is fantastic.

on the very last run of the weekend, my throttle cable snapped. My boat had enough and decided we needed to go home, and not even one more short run was gonna happen. We disconnected a bracket and were able to control the throttle by pulling the lever on the carb. It got us back to the slip, and we were a little late getting out of camp, but made it happen okay.

Grabbed a late lunch in Prineville and avoided the Govt Camp traffic (thanks Berg) and then had to take Bridge of the Gods to avoid an 18 mile parking lot on I-84! (thanks Google maps). So we took the long way home, but were moving at freeway speeds the whole time, so that worked well for us.

The spare tire made it pretty much the entire round trip. *whew*

Thanks to Exile Audio for the pair of Buoy Balls that I won! Love those things.

The camper's unpacked, the boat's unloaded and parked, and it's time for bed.

Thanks for the great weekend all!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Great to meet you all and put screen names with real names and faces! Good thing (for Jake!) the park rangers don't have the authority to arrest... They do like their quiet hours.

I'm a bit bummed that we were not better organized for some more group hangouts on the water along with a group photo but glad to hear that a few were able to jump aboard with one another to spend some time and try different gear.

Pretty sure little Olive was the hit of the weekend for us (except for my old lab)! Now I need to hide these pictures so I don't have to say "NO" 500 more times to my kids.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

man i wish i lived in the north west... instead of boring Ontario.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Default 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

Berg! There's no reason to apologize! I didn't come out there expecting free stuff. The give always were very nice. Newty giving $300 in free service, a ZLD, winterization from Active just to name a few! I thought you guys did a great job. Everyone's boats were gorgeous, I think that was my favorite part. I got to see everyone's hard work and love they put into them. Honestly that was the most customization I've ever seen done on wakeboats at one dock at one time.
    My only regret is I didn't hop on CJ's Mondo. But big thanks to Mandley for schooling me behind his Mojo and Josh for giving me a turn behind the wheel in his Mojo and Greg tossing me his Inland Surfer!
    But it was the people who made it a success. When we hit the road yesterday all we could talk about was what a great group! We will be back!

If any of you want to come out on the Willamette at Newberg let me know. Sunday is looking nice!
    -Jake

You should have seen the "custom" perfect pass I was running on Monday to get back to the boat slip! it was my boat with my engine cover up, and my friend pulling on the throttle lever on my carburetor with his fingers to make my boat do more than just idle in gear.

I'll tell ya, if you thought my boat was loud normally, try it with the engine cover open!

Now I have to tear into it tonight to figure out if it is the throttle cable that snapped (like I think it is) or if by chance something in the throttle lever failed (which I hope it's NOT).

Hopefully I can have my boat back on the water by the weekend.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Berg! There's no reason to apologize! I didn't come out there expecting free stuff. The give always were very nice. Newty giving $300 in free service, a ZLD, winterization from Active just to name a few! I thought you guys did a great job. Everyone's boats were gorgeous, I think that was my favorite part. I got to see everyone's hard work and love they put into them. Honestly that was the most customization I've ever seen done on wakeboats at one dock at one time.
    My only regret is I didn't hop on CJ's Mondo. But big thanks to Mandley for schooling me behind his Mojo and Josh for giving me a turn behind the wheel in his Mojo and Greg tossing me his Inland Surfer!
    But it was the people who made it a success. When we hit the road yesterday all we could talk about was what a great group! We will be back!

If any of you want to come out on the Willamette at Newberg let me know. Sunday is looking nice!
    Sorry we didn't get you out on the Mondo. We are targeting Sunday in Newberg as well. I'll send you a pm.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

Berg, I've had a couple people on the Supra forum say that they would have come to the Jam if they'd known it was happening. I coulda swore that it was posted on both forums, but maybe not??? Next time we all do a PNW event, we should make sure it gets up for the local Supra people to see too...

I can't wait for the next one. Maybe we should have two events? A season opener type event and this one for Labor day as well. I know that we can't be TOO premature about starting our boating season in the PNW because of weather, so maybe an early summer thing isn't realistic, but it's something to think about I guess...

As far as venue, I really like Prineville Res. It's a smidge farther than LBC, but it still boasts the good weather and with the smaller campground it's probably easier for us all to find each other and interact. And that also meant shorter distances for you and Newty to limp around.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Yeah, my bad on that one. Don't cruise the Supra site much if ever. Should have had one of you Supra guys here post up details over there. >>> Next time.

Earlier in the year would be nice for potentially hotter weather and higher water. Wind is always a crap shoot but usually as good or better than what we had. Nice thing about the holiday weekend is that most have that free extra day...

However next year Labor Day is Monday Sept 7 - most likely AFTER school starts so that may be tricky for us with youngins.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

We could always just plan an August weekend and hope for the best. We may be doing crescent bar in August. July always works too. Water is higher and weather is very predictable.

PWI as usual...