Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

Ok - time to put some feelers out. Yes it's early, but to make this happen around here reservations definitely need to be made early!

We are looking at Labor Day Weekend 2014 as the possible NW Moomba/Supra Jam. That would be Aug 29 - Sept 1. Here are the details so far:

Camping: Prineville Reservoir State Park - http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...&parkId=402461
    Prineville Reservoir Resort (private) -http://www.prinevillereservoirresort.com/

The state park has a nice amphitheater and some kids programs to keep them occupied and having fun. There's also the opportunity for some bass, crappie, catfish and trout fishing if you're up for it.

Both have RV/Tent spots, a few cabins and the resort has a few small motel-ish rooms for rent. Both offer ramps, moorage, nice beach and day use areas, etc. and they are roughly 15 minutes apart by water or land. The private resort also has gas at the marina, a small store, restaurant, etc.

There are also a few other smaller campgrounds around but I do not have details handy at the moment. The town of Prineville is about 30 min away and also has lodging options for those non campers.

Off the top, between Newty's connections and myself we have around 5-6 families/boats who are ready to commit. There are several of you out there in WA, OR even Canada or NorCal who should really consider making the trip - especially if you've never been. This is a beautiful, big reservoir with amazing water and weather all summer.

Mike I know you have standing plans for LBC that weekend, but really you're maybe a couple hours away. Easy tow for the day so you could hit the main events / highlights.

Please respond and indicate your interest and any questions you have. We'll post this over on the Supra site as well but would prefer to direct them here so we can keep all in the info in one spot.

PS - this is the sort of thing that awaits every day...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Can't wait. Such a beautiful place. Lots of lake and plenty of activities to keep all the ages busy. It doesn't get as busy as you would think on a holiday weekend either. You can always find butter. Hit either of us up with any questions.
    Here's some pics from the parking lot on Saturday around noon on labor day weekend this summer.

And some wildlife that wandered into our camp one day.
    Last edited by newty; 11-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.

PWI as usual...

I can be there June 7-8 but you guys will still have snow everywhere.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We'll call ahead and have them plow the roads for ya.

More scenery from August

Other wildlife known to wander camp to camp...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I want to go
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

I will start convincing the wife to trailer the boat to the PNW for this!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

There are also some beach areas you can camp from your boat. Good location for the jam.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Ridgefield WA, its near Portland OR but more like Green Acres

Family on the Lake.jpgView From the Cabin.jpg77 Degree Glass - Beats Yale Every Day.jpgBrianna Wakeboarding it up.jpg

Prineville is hands down the best boating in the Pac NW. Warm glass-like conditions almosts certain, great campground, awesome place for the kids, close drive, can be a blast fishing if the crappie/bluegill are hitting it, plenty of beaches and coves to pull out and enjoy 5 o clock. We will be there if we can get a spot!!!
    Last edited by Boat-n-Ball; 11-25-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Great pics Pat!
    Pat and his family have been vacationing with us for some time now. Always a good time. We hit Prineville as much as possible.
    His all black 07 LSV and my 08 get lots of looks where ever we go.

PWI as usual...

Really want to make it this year.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue