Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Hmmm... Was thinking of "stay-cation" boating most of the summer, but you guys might just tempt me to join.

So looking at the Reserve America, we'd have to jump on the reservations on Friday the 29th in a few days?

That said, if we can make it, we wouldn't be able to head out until after work on the Friday and would only be able to stay though Monday (the traditional 3-day weekend with no extra time off work). For that duration, do you guys recommend getting a slip?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: 2014 NW Moomba/Supra Jam - Early Planning

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Hmmm... Was thinking of "stay-cation" boating most of the summer, but you guys might just tempt me to join.

So looking at the Reserve America, we'd have to jump on the reservations on Friday the 29th in a few days?

That said, if we can make it, we wouldn't be able to head out until after work on the Friday and would only be able to stay though Monday (the traditional 3-day weekend with no extra time off work). For that duration, do you guys recommend getting a slip?
    Def get a slip. You only need it Sat and Sun. So nice to just walk down to the boat and go. Its fairly inexpensive. There is not always room to park the trailer in your site. Plenty of trailer parking around but it may be a ways from your site.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Def get a slip. You only need it Sat and Sun. So nice to just walk down to the boat and go. Its fairly inexpensive. There is not always room to park the trailer in your site. Plenty of trailer parking around but it may be a ways from your site.
    That's what I was thinking. I am pretty much down to get a camp site that's near the pathway to the boat slips...

Is it okay to have an extra vehicle in your campsite as long as you pay an extra vehicle fee? We'd have to come with friends so we'd have a tow rig for both the Supra and for my camping trailer. I sure ain't sleepin' on the ground when I have a decent trailer!! (although whatever friends we recruit for Tow-duty will be tenting it! LOL)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Whatever you can fit is usually how it works.

Cabin: $87
    Tent Site: $21
    Site w/elec: $28
    Site w/ full: $31
    Slips: $10/day
    Ex Car: $7/day

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/inde...ates&parkId=26

If you end up staying at the private park, you can also get a slip, but if you have a good anchor you can just leave your boat off the beach. I've done that for a week at a time - anchored up right out from our camp site. Lots of people do that actually. Never a problem, with exception of a freak windstorm and a worn out anchor buddy.

Private park rates are about the same.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If you are planning to attend or even thinking "maybe" - NOW is the time to start booking spots at the State Park. If you book Wed - Mon you can do it today, then cancel the extra days later. The park is already beginning to fill up.

Cabins are now gone.
    Trailer / hookup spots are still available
    Tent spots will probably be the last to fill in.

Don't wait!

Remember - if the state park fills up, the private park is also an option.

Bump! A few board members already have reservations confirmed. Who's in?

We want to start filling in details, talking to sponsors, etc. You guys in OR, WA, ID, hell even north CA need to seriously consider it!

I'll be over there two weeks prior. We may make it back over.
    2010 LSV

the lake looks awsome, wish i could make it but not happen this year, maybe i can make it happen next year
    2002 outback lsv 320 tbi
    02 f 150 supercrew lariat

Update on those confirmed. I miss anybody?

bergermaister - 2001 MobiusV
    Newty - 2008 LSV
    Trayson - 1992 Sunsport
    Beat Taco - 2000 Santera
    Mrd8ker - 2014 Mondo
    ?? Mandley - 2013 Mojo

Anyone else - come on now!
    BBuhtz?
    Boat-N-Ball?
    89ProStar?
    Jrobb?
    Cornrickey?
    RobertJ?
    Jester?
    Jburke?
    MillerDA68?
    Cab13367?

Sounds like there may be a family or 2 with an MC or Malibu joining us as well.

If you haven't committed yet and the State Park is full, Plan B is a nice private park just minutes away that would work that has a marina and even a little hotel with 8-10 rooms.

The wife is supposed to be going into labor that weekend so chances are I won't be able to make it unfortunately this year. What a drag right? ha j/k
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue