Thread: Prop question

Default Prop question

The edges of my prop are slightly bent up, not shredded. I'm assuming there is gonna be vibration or something, but haven't had it in the water yet. Should this be repaired professionally? I wasn't sure if anyone has attempted to get the edges smoothed on their own with good results. Not sure if its even worth the effort. I've just bought new props in the past on other boats.
    prop.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jer119 View Post
    The edges of my prop are slightly bent up, not shredded. I'm assuming there is gonna be vibration or something, but haven't had it in the water yet. Should this be repaired professionally? I wasn't sure if anyone has attempted to get the edges smoothed on their own with good results. Not sure if its even worth the effort. I've just bought new props in the past on other boats.
    prop.jpg
    Yes it should be repaired professionally.
    2004 LS with 1000 Salt Water Hours.....

Any decent prop shop can make your prop look and work like brand new for a lot less money than buying a new prop.
    jy

A slight imbalance may not be felt, but over time can work over the strut bushing and prop shaft seal. Yes, let a qualified prop shop fix it. It will come back with the pitch and cup back to spec, no nicks or dings and balanced. None of which can be done on a work bench with the naked eye.

Sounds good guys!! Thanks for the help. I think I'll work on finding somewhere to take it.