Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

garage boating time
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Lake Maud, 15 minutes from DL, smaller lake where we have a cabin but friends have a nice place on DL so thats where we spend the 4th and we fest weekend, usually to be with all of the people, kind of the opposite when you want to board.
    2008 Mobius LSV

+1 more on the prop
    I did the ballast and perfect pass first. I should have done the prop first with basically the same prop you have the perfect pass is all but worthless with the ballast full and four or five people in the boat.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

Quote Originally Posted by 86century View Post
    +1 more on the prop
    I did the ballast and perfect pass first. I should have done the prop first with basically the same prop you have the perfect pass is all but worthless with the ballast full and four or five people in the boat.
    That ACME 1617 in the classifieds section is an awesome prop for the Moombas! and the wife will LOVE unwrapping it under the Christmas tree!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I got my goodies and have them in the shop warming up for the install. Took the old bags out and cleaned the rear compartments. Been working on the 70 4x4, so the boat is next in line.
    I did get a new prop, do I need a puller/installer, or can a guy use a mallet to tap it off? I haven't really looked at it yet, so figured I'd ask. I'll be in the shop most of the day, so maybe I'll do a little work on the boat.
    I also picked up a new wakesurf board. I was looking to see how it fit in the racks, but seems like its real tight. Are there separate racks for a board like this? Might be a dumb question as I probably could of scoured the internet. Nah, I'll ask you guys instead. Haha.
    2009 Mobius LSV. 325hp Indmar Assault

Prop puller is best. Seeing as you're a car guy if you have a big set of gear pullers you could probably accomplish it. I've been successful with that route, a block of wood, and evenly spaced mallet hits to help budge it.

Just leave the nut on the end of the shaft so when the prop breaks free it doesn't try to jump off and bite you!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Prop puller is best....
    Agreed, get a prop puller, they are easy to use, then throw it and your old prop in the truck when you go to the river/lake along with the short 2x4, crescent wrench, new cotter pin, key and a new nut. Change the first one in the comfort of your driveway and you will be ready for the end of the season, low water prop benders!

Either Wakemakers or MLA can hook you up.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

i used a small plumbers torch and a piece of wood to pop my prop off, but id get a puller. i have also been to wakemakers for parts. i also did a sound system upgrade. i went with exile and polk audio. next on my list is carpet and an FAE
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)