Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IBS intergrated to stock system

My plan: 13 OBV

I am going to throw my 2 stock rear #400 bags (after upgrading to #750) under the bow seats as an IBS and if I think the IBS would work better then go that route. I am going to piggy back them off my Locker Sac with a shut off to all sacs.

How can I set this up so that it does not screw up my timers on the pumps if I forget to open a valve ect.

I was thinking of having aprox. 60% be the locker. (But then if I forget to stop it at 60% I will just be pumping water back to the lake as the % goes up and when I empty the pumps will dry run for as long as it over ran)

Then if I set 100% as the locker sac then filling the bow sacs 30 sec at a time which is just a big pain in the a**.

I know the IBS has surf benefits but does anyone run IBS and Locker while boarding?
    Does anyone just use IBS and remove the Locker Sac?

I was hoping someone has this same setup and has some experience.

Here is a link to the setup you are asking about. It is post #12 towards the bottom of the first page.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....allast-Upgrade

I have a 2010 OBV with 750's in the rear and just an IBS up front. I removed the center sac completely. The only difference is that I used aerator pumps, and you have reversable pumps. Your setup will be a lot easier to change then mine was. The IBS is a whole lot better than the center sac. It holds more weight, and it is closer to the bow of the boat. I did throw the center sac in the aisle way once and filled it along with the IBS. I found it to be a little to much weight up front, and never used it again. I feel that both the surf and wakeboard wake are pretty good with this setup on the OBV.
    Last edited by jstenger; 11-18-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

if im following your thought correctly, I have a suggestion. install a Bosworth valve instead of shut off valves. if you don't want to use the ibs,when the ski locker is full you will see and hear the overflow coming out the vent port on the side of the boat and can shut the pump off at that time.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by gscharf View Post
    My plan: 13 OBV

I am going to throw my 2 stock rear #400 bags (after upgrading to #750) under the bow seats as an IBS and if I think the IBS would work better then go that route. I am going to piggy back them off my Locker Sac with a shut off to all sacs.

How can I set this up so that it does not screw up my timers on the pumps if I forget to open a valve ect.

I was thinking of having aprox. 60% be the locker. (But then if I forget to stop it at 60% I will just be pumping water back to the lake as the % goes up and when I empty the pumps will dry run for as long as it over ran)

Then if I set 100% as the locker sac then filling the bow sacs 30 sec at a time which is just a big pain in the a**.

I know the IBS has surf benefits but does anyone run IBS and Locker while boarding?
    Does anyone just use IBS and remove the Locker Sac?

I was hoping someone has this same setup and has some experience.
    I was hoping to repurpose the 400# stock bags in the same way, so keep us posted on what you find.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    if im following your thought correctly, I have a suggestion. install a Bosworth valve instead of shut off valves. if you don't want to use the ibs,when the ski locker is full you will see and hear the overflow coming out the vent port on the side of the boat and can shut the pump off at that time.
    My plans had included the the Bosworth but my understanding was that I could not fill 2 bags at the same time. Meaning that I would have to always switch them. And having a valve on each bag and having 2 bags up front separated I was thinking about trying to fill just the surf side and see if that made any difference.

If I am wrong about the Bosworth, I would re-plan my setup including it.

As my other Michiganders know we have 6 months to plan.

Thanks guys, I will keep everyone updated as the project continues.

All Ideas will be welcomed.

I dont think just filling one side of a 2 bag ibs would really make that much of a difference,the rear weight gets the boat listed properly and the bow weight helps create the longer pocket.

but to test out the single bag ibs just cap off the link that would allow the other side to fill and give it a fill up, then hook the link up and fill the other side and compare the waves makeing no other changes
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Here is a link to the setup you are asking about. It is post #12 towards the bottom of the first page.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....allast-Upgrade

I have a 2010 OBV with 750's in the rear and just an IBS up front. I removed the center sac completely. The only difference is that I used aerator pumps, and you have reversable pumps. Your setup will be a lot easier to change then mine was. The IBS is a whole lot better than the center sac. It holds more weight, and it is closer to the bow of the boat. I did throw the center sac in the aisle way once and filled it along with the IBS. I found it to be a little to much weight up front, and never used it again. I feel that both the surf and wakeboard wake are pretty good with this setup on the OBV.
    I have been thinking of making the jump to the IBS in my OBV and removing the center sac just like you did but with the reversible pump I believe I only have one line into the sac (not real sure but the boat is in storage and I'm not able to look)............should I attach that hose to the nose of the IBS or one of the "legs"? And will I have issues with draining the sac depending on where I place the hose?
    Last edited by mikenehrkorn; 11-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

attach to the leg and install a check valve on the vent line and you won't have issues with draining.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    attach to the leg and install a check valve on the vent line and you won't have issues with draining.
    I did this based on Drew's setup and recommendation and it works great.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Does the placement of the check valve make a difference (closer to or farther away from the bag)? I seem to recall reading that somewhere on the forum but don't remember the context.

2013 Outback V
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate