Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

I flipped through and realized I had not posted semi-final damping material placement yet. David, check this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually the far wall has only a temporary foam stack. I am not going to mount that wall with acoustic treatment until I get the TV up.

Phil,
    Looks awesome. Be careful not to make the room so perfect and comfortable that you can't stay awake.

Refreshment cabinet drawer trays are done. I need to build the drawer fronts, stain and seal them and the thing can then be put together and put in my room.

Love the drawer detail. What/how did you cut the dovetails? I've always wanted a true dovetail jig, but haven't wanted to drop the $$ on one.

It is actually a box joint. Parallel cuts.

A simple jig on the table-saw makes it possible. Here is the jig I used.

Basically, you use a dado set stacked up to dimension X. You cut two slots through a backer board, both X-dimension, with exactly X between them. Use a piece of wood as a pin that is X-wide to fill one of the slots. That board is then fixtured to your table-saw guide so the open slot is exactly lined up with the stacked dado set. You can just make out the guide bar to the very right of my pic.

You press your workpiece against the pin and make your first cut. Then you index your workpiece by moving the first cut slot onto the pin. Repeat as necessary.

The mating piece is started by placing your first piece's first cut over the jig pin. Butt your mating piece next to it and make a pass. Then follow the same process.

To describe it in words is tedious, but that is the very basic of it. Here is the jig I made to do this project.
    Last edited by philwsailz; 01-16-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Go to YouTube and search for BOX JOINT. You will find a lot of videos showing it being done, some on some rather elaborate jigs.

Default Not Boat Related, but Stereo Related

Sweet!

This weekend I'm planning to put my new Kreg pocket jig to use to build an out feed table for my table saw in preparation for building some custom closet systems.

Quick pics update. Drawer fronts built and stained

Here they are stained