Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    I love the quick drying poly as well, mostly because I lack the patience. I tend to use a fairly simple method with my poly.......very thin coats using a foam brush followed by light steel wool and then cleaned with a tack cloth just prior to next coat. And I can usually get 2-3 coats per brush (depending on the project size) by dropping it into a sealed sandwich bag between coats.

I would think 5-10 coats should be more than enough to give you years of beauty and durability.
    Use bronze wool and any remaining steel wool that gets stuck in the finish won't rust. Boat builder trick...

Not sure I would ever attempt to refinish a boat, but good to know even for floors, stairs, etc., that might get some water that doesn't get cleaned up.

And those of you we have bored with some woodworking talk, we return to our regularly scheduled boat programming...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I still need to get the cabinet sealed and the adjustable shelves stained and sealed but the bar is in place...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Yeah Baby~

Last night was epic. Upper cabinet is in place now, started wiring things up to get computers and AV running again.... The Satellite receiver doesn't work in its current location so it will be moving, and there are other tweaks coming but if I had to do any audio editing, recording, or CAD work today the thing is functional...

My planning wasn't as perfect as I had hoped. The darn breaker box is partially covered by the cabinet. I am debating how to resolve that but it seems the best thing is just to leave the whole thing off that back wall a little so I can get in there to reset any trips. If I have to get in to add a circuit or change anythning the whole bar assembly will have to be slid out from there or disassembled. Not a huge deal either way, but I wish it wasn't that way...

Oh well.

I guess that kinda wraps it up for this thread. At least we got past the woodwork and brought it back to the audio component...
    Last edited by philwsailz; 03-04-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    ...I guess that kinda wraps it up for this thread. At least we got past the woodwork and brought it back to the audio component...
    Excellent! Nice job and nice job on the thread to help entertain us during the winter months.

And what do you mean by the end of the thread? Are you going to start a new one to invite us all over to watch Oklahoma football and drink your beer?

Again, very impressive!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

That turned out great! Now time for some bar stools. Enjoy it....
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    That turned out great! Now time for some bar stools. Enjoy it....
    No way. My wallet does a better job than I could. These are on the brown truck...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AYQLTA/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Phil,
    Absolutely amazing craftsmanship, and btw, I was just fine without knowing about the breaker box.

Okay........ One more. Bar stools showed up.

Sweet, job well done!!!

And I feel you on the breaker box situation -- I always seem to have one of those little "gotchas" that nags at me. Work so hard to plan out the project and the hours spent putting it all together and then you get something like that. Oh well, like David said -- no one else needs to know and probably no one else would even notice if you don't point it out!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...