Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sorry for sideways iPhone post...

Great job. It is a very nice area.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Sorry for sideways iPhone post...
    Phil, glad you cleared that up, I had thought you screwed up and built the room on it's side!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Any more updates?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Any more updates?
    My guess, he's watching movies, drinking beer and playing shuffle board while eating left over turkey. Or getting ready for CES???
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I had a windfall. I found a deal on some studio and industrial quality acoustic foam. I got a lot of it. I have spent the last couple of nights listening to different music, trying to determine what the best foam placement location will be.

I am going to end up using some thick 9" wedge material on the front wall where the TV will mount. I want to remove any smear travelling cross the wall from speaker to speaker. I will also use corner blocks as shown in the pics below, although they are not installed correctly in these images.

Along the side walls I will use some 2' x 4' 3" thick wedge panels strategically placed to prevent side-wall echoes. I will use this same material on the back wall maybe, although that is where the bar is going. It might look funny. so i I put it up there, it will likely be removable, or I might just keep the sheets handy and set them up on something when I need the back wall damped.

Sitting in the sofa now the room is not ear-sucking dead, but a hand-clap produces no appreciable echo.

I have been demoing a lot of different music the last three nights. It is amazing what good acoustic treatment can do. You don't realize how much of the sound you are hearing from your stereo is THE ROOM you are sitting in. When you get the foam treatment in place you remove your listening room's contribution to what you are hearing. After the treatment you realize the "room" you are hearing is the room the recording was made in. I haved heard things the last few nights that I have never heard before, in music I have owned for years....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by philwsailz; 12-06-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Nice I need to get some of that for in my cave. I get echoes really bad right now.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Nice I need to get some of that for in my cave. I get echoes really bad right now.
    While it is not as hot a deal as I got, there is an ebay seller that has some good stuff fairly reasonably. The ebay seller has kits. Their store is here: http://stores.ebay.com/Foam-N-More-I...p2047675.l2563

Default Not Boat Related, but Stereo Related

You sure it's those echoes you hear aren't a result of something else there, Cheech?

Status update. Bar construction has started. A few pics of design options in progress, work in progress, and a new cold box.

Not shown in this set are two roll-around EIA, (pro-sound spec) 19" racks. All the AV gear will be in the racks, so I can roll them out to gain easy access to the patch cables and wiring, etc. One will house the AV stuff, teh other will hold at least one of the two comuters that will live out there. One is a dedicated CAD machine and the other is my digital recording studio PC
    Attached Images Attached Images