Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Can't say if this this is a result of ACA or not - but my annual health care with a furtune 1000 company just went up about $1300 / year.
    Part of that increase could be the normal cost of living increase but I would guess you have never had an increase that big before, correct? Most of that is probably attributed to ACA....
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Mine just went up the same amount and deductibles went up. We had to buy into a year starting in Nov. instead of Jan. for some reason too. Next year they are telling us it will be much worse.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    I am guessing you have not seen how much your premium will be next year? You like the fact that you are REQUIRED to have maternity coverage?
    just finished open enrollment for the next year. my out of pocket went up $9/check or $234/yr total for all insurance(life/dental/vision/health/disability) and no real changes in deductibles or out of pocket maxes.

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    No body should be forced to pay for something they don't want or need just so someone else who does want it can have it. Let them pay the higher price for more coverage....
    I think of this every year I pay my taxes and all the money I'm paying for schools and getting zero benefits out of. never had kids and won't ever but yet I don't have the luxury of the deductible for kids. on the flip side, guy here at work rides his bike every day. 50 years old, doesn't have a license and never learned to drive a car. he pays zero into gas tax and road maintenance but uses them every day and benefits from new ones. lots of examples out there where we are paying for something we shouldn't/don't use and using something we pay zero toward.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just finished open enrollment for the next year. my out of pocket went up $9/check or $234/yr total for all insurance(life/dental/vision/health/disability) and no real changes in deductibles or out of pocket maxes.

I think of this every year I pay my taxes and all the money I'm paying for schools and getting zero benefits out of. never had kids and won't ever but yet I don't have the luxury of the deductible for kids. on the flip side, guy here at work rides his bike every day. 50 years old, doesn't have a license and never learned to drive a car. he pays zero into gas tax and road maintenance but uses them every day and benefits from new ones. lots of examples out there where we are paying for something we shouldn't/don't use and using something we pay zero toward.
    Society benefits from an educated population therefore kids being in school benefits you even if you don't had kids.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Ya'll are already paying for the inflated healthcare cost. Insurance premiums and medicare.

If healthcare is going to be considered a right, funding is necessary. The problem at hand is how to gather the funding. The current system needs a revision because right now we subsidize the wealthy and don't make them pay their "share" into this right we are providing for everyone. It's a failing system. The ACA is trying a different way to raise those funds. The goal of destroying the ACA makes no sense without a plan to actually solve the problem.

Out of curiosity, those of you with increasing rates ... have you priced a similar plan under the exchange? How much more was it?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The exchange? LOL. Try and log in.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I can get to the website. I don't really want to apply, though .... that's why I'm asking those who have tried.

Within 5 minutes I learned that in Arkansas (my county), you get a subsidy with a family of 3 if your income is less than 78k.

I also checked out their calculator and it looks like it estimates health insurance for a non-smoking family of 3 to be just shy of $7,000 a year with an income of $100,000, once again for my county in Arkansas.

Not sure how accurate those are as they seem to be simple tools, not an actual quote or application form.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Society benefits from an educated population therefore kids being in school benefits you even if you don't had kids.

Sent from my iPhone
    but we don't from having everyone on a healthcare plan?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    but we don't from having everyone on a healthcare plan?
    No, my neighbor having health insurance affects me 0. His kids being educated enough to keep the country rolling after I retire affects me a lot.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

False, your rates increase when your neighbor goes to the hospital and doesn't pay for his bill.

Why? Because the hospital has to recoup those cost, they raise prices, insurance now has to cover the increased prices, they pass it to you.

That's the reason we are here. You can't expect the free market to work when you force healthcare service.

If you want to provide the service, you have to fund it. In the past we asked lower income earners to pay a higher percentage of their income than higher income earners because they are more likely to use the services. That system didn't work. ACA is a new approach to an old problem.

You can destroy the ACA but you are left with the same problem ... inflated healthcare cost.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 11-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo