Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't think it'll affect anyone that has insurance. I see it as forcing my coworker who chooses not to get coverage to have it. so when his wife goes into labor and has a kid, I'm not stuck with higher bills at the hospital from them charging off his bad debt.
    I certainly don't understand all the in's and out's of it and I don't think anyone really does as smoke and mirrors are what our gov't is good at, but seems to me that having insurance should be a good thing.

I consider myself that low risk person as I've been to the dr maybe twice in the last 20 years, but I'm also considered high risk as my bmi is high. 5'11" and currently 205. I lead a somewhat active lifestyle and I'm considered obese so my insurer chooses not to give me the discount(currently 17%). if healthcare reform somehow manages to fix that, I'm going to be happy.

I guess at the end of the day it feels like a law that will force those that should have it and have access to it to provide it for their families. I see too many large families that are a drain on the system choose to pass on healthcare knowing the state will take care of them. of course I feel the same way about the irs and giving deductions for having kids. I'm subsidizing refunds to families that keep popping them out. give me an income-progressive flat tax with no itemizing and I'll be in 7th heaven

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...rtner=yahootix
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Problem: Soaring healthcare cost and gouching insurance companies.

Solution 1: Create an act that attempts to fix the problem

Solution 2: Don't have one yet but it sure as s**t isn't going to be solution 1.

Pick your side and go to battle. It's not about the common good, it's about winning. This whole thing is a joke and any hope there was is quickly getting diminished by the botched roll out. Money usually wins and big pharma and insurance companies have plenty so I wouldn't get too worked up if you are cheering for solution 2. You will likely continue paying a ridiculous price for hospital Tylenol and you'll still get to see the insurance companies name on the biggest building in your town.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't think it'll affect anyone that has insurance.
    I have insurance but I'm self-insured since my company does not offer insurance and at least in my case there is a huge impact.............in the terms of a 40-50% rate increase!!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Sandm, you talk like it is has effect on people who already have good insurance but that is where you are mistaken. There are a large amount of new taxes coming being initiated to pay for the federal insurance subsidies that will affect all of us. Then when they can't get enough money through the new taxes they will start charging credit cards and pass appropriation bills to pay for it and then the national debt will grow even larger.

Not to mention forcing companies to charge the same rate for everyone no matter how much risk the pose does two things, it either drives the cost up for low risk people to pay for the high risk ones or it causes the insurance company to eventually go broke. I think that is the ultimate plan, this whole law is a pretext to set the stage for a single payer national system because it's designed to drive insurance companies out of business

Sent from my iPhone
    BINGO!
    And don't think Corporate America isn't pushing the pencil to see that it may be cheaper to pay the fines than offer group healthcare. The almighty dollar will say eliminate the current "good" plan and by default everybody will roll on the government plan....."my employees still have healthcare"! Too bad you can't find the damn exchange to sign up, when you finally do you find it costs more than what you had, and the services (if you are approved to have them) have diminished substantially.
    We have yet to see the wrath of this debacle!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I guess I'm optimistic that it will all work out for the better. lots of opinions on how it's bad and will cost us all money and a lack of good coverage but in the end, no one knows what will happen with this 5 years down the road. although my guess is that if by some miracle the repub's get back in power, they will find a way to strike it all unconstitutional and it's all water under the bridge(back to the boat thing ).
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I am all for a FREE Obama Boat... I Have a supra 242 with all da options!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

[QUOTE=sandm;232014]I don't think it'll affect anyone that has insurance. [QUOTE]

I am guessing you have not seen how much your premium will be next year? You like the fact that you are REQUIRED to have maternity coverage?
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

There are like 10 basic coverage's in NYS that must be carried on insurance. maternity, eye and dental are three of them.
    avg annual health care increase over the last 10 years is close to 13%, cant see this slowing down...
    especially with the amount of people signed up. its the same govt pyramid scheme that SS# operates under. need more people at the bottom to pay up to the top. not gonna work.

PS I would like that 242 in all Black with white trim Mr. President
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default The Affordable Boat Act

My buddies insurance went up from $150 to $417 (single coverage)...I'm thinking there are a LOT of people affected by this. I know my wife's insurance was completely changed. Good thing we aren't on that anymore. We change to my insurance last year. I guess that's a benefit of working for "big business". Now that we are "fixed" there's no need for maternity coverage and we shouldn't be forced to pay for it. No body should be forced to pay for something they don't want or need just so someone else who does want it can have it. Let them pay the higher price for more coverage....you buy more you pay more...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Can't say if this this is a result of ACA or not - but my annual health care with a furtune 1000 company just went up about $1300 / year.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off