Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
I don't think it'll affect anyone that has insurance. I see it as forcing my coworker who chooses not to get coverage to have it. so when his wife goes into labor and has a kid, I'm not stuck with higher bills at the hospital from them charging off his bad debt.
I certainly don't understand all the in's and out's of it and I don't think anyone really does as smoke and mirrors are what our gov't is good at, but seems to me that having insurance should be a good thing.

I consider myself that low risk person as I've been to the dr maybe twice in the last 20 years, but I'm also considered high risk as my bmi is high. 5'11" and currently 205. I lead a somewhat active lifestyle and I'm considered obese so my insurer chooses not to give me the discount(currently 17%). if healthcare reform somehow manages to fix that, I'm going to be happy.

I guess at the end of the day it feels like a law that will force those that should have it and have access to it to provide it for their families. I see too many large families that are a drain on the system choose to pass on healthcare knowing the state will take care of them. of course I feel the same way about the irs and giving deductions for having kids. I'm subsidizing refunds to families that keep popping them out. give me an income-progressive flat tax with no itemizing and I'll be in 7th heaven

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...rtner=yahootix