Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Our Montana summer vacation* pics *

Well it was a fantastic season for us to say the least. After 2012 season of recovering from my broken ankle , I made up for it for sure. Actually did wakeboard again, just jump from heelside to toe side and clear the wake . Didn't try it until I went on vacation though. Did lots of wake skating and surfing before that. Rode my airchair for a few times and put it away, might sell it don't ride it enough.
    Jim
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Default Re: Our Montana summer vacation* pics *

Fantastic pics Jim!

Nice pictures. What lake is that? I may be retiring soon and I like to find neat places to go. It reminds me a lot of Dworshak in Idaho which is one of my favorites. You had some smoke in the air which is the norm it seems out west around the middle of July into August. Makes great sunset pictures.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

ya, where was it?

I spent a year in Kalispell opening a store there. very nice area and flathead lake was amazing, but too cold and california drove the prices sky high..
    spent time in hamilton south of missoula. 2 nice lakes there and look like they would be awesome to surf but cold as well even in late summer

zabood.. friend in boise idaho spent a lot of time on dworshack and loved it. they have surfed all over northern idaho as she's a teacher so they have all summer to play. have to hook ya up with her. she loves to chat surfing and talk lakes up north. I think they are talking retirement in several years and would suspect they will be up there every summer. they took a drive into canada one day just to say they've surfed another country
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Our Montana summer vacation* pics *

I do t know about owning a wakeboat in Montana just because of the real short season but I am sure that you enjoy as much of the time you have as possible and you probably have the best scenery out of anyone here! Those pictures are amazing, that is "god's country" and I am not even religious!!! Great pics man thanks for sharing! If love to get out there some day.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

I guess I should have labeled the pics of where they were taken. Yes Flathead lake, been going there since 5th grade with my folks. BOL lives near there , we hit another lake also , smaller and a little warmer. No boat traffic to speak of except for the weekends. I guess the water temp was tolerable in June this year, skiing without a wetsuit. We had absolutely perfect weather, was smokey from forest fires in Idaho. The real estate prices aren't too bad than elsewhere, , lakefront is really expensive. If you look long enough you can find places close to the lakes reasonable.
    Yes the season is shorter than other places , probably by a couple of months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

you see the guy with the mega-mansion on the private island near Lakeside? he was building that place when I lived there in '95. pissed all the residents off taking off and landing his seaplane at all hours of the day/night.

rumor there's a big estate at the other end of the lake(south) that was built by the guy that invented the Today Sponge. died and gave it to the university in Missoula. faculty got in trouble using it as a party getaway. all rumors but must be some truth to it..

ever hang out in Kalispell? wonder if Mooses Saloon still open in downtown. all us mgrs there used to do "work" there every friday at 4pm
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Looks amazing, thanks for sharing
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    you see the guy with the mega-mansion on the private island near Lakeside?
    check this out:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/shelt...-photos-2012-6
    Home was featured in last year or 2 on HGTV's "epic homes". Saw it again the other day!
    Price dropped to $59M
    http://hurwitzjamesco.com/property.php?lng=en&id=103

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    wonder if Mooses Saloon still open in downtown.
    Yup. Great Pizza and can't beat all the peanuts on the floor. Stop there everytime I'm up that way.

Jim....
    Did you get on Swan Lake this year?
    Glad your back in the saddle!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Just how much money does someone have if they have a $60M Lake house in Montana?

WOW!

And did he get a Mondo or LSV?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.