Thread: Ballast ?

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Ballast ?

Getting ready to start my ballast winter mod,my question is I have a 2013 LSV and Iam going to upgrade to 1100lb in the rear locker and the IBS in the front, will i need to put any bags under the left side seats or not
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Ballast ?

I tell my children all the time that life decisions are all "wants" and "needs."

In your case, you may not need, but will definitely want if you like to surf.

Default Ballast ?

I tell my kids about the wants and needs association all the time but at 15, 11, and 9 I still don't think they get it!

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Getting ready to start my ballast winter mod,my question is I have a 2013 LSV and Iam going to upgrade to 1100lb in the rear locker and the IBS in the front, will i need to put any bags under the left side seats or not
    Keep us updated! I'm on the verge of a ballast upgrade too, just waiting to pull the trigger. Good luck.

Default Ballast ?

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    I tell my kids about the wants and needs association all the time but at 15, 11, and 9 I still don't think they get it!

Sent from my iP5s on an app called Tapatalk 2
    Make them shell out their own coin, JP, and they seem to catch on pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I tell my children all the time that life decisions are all "wants" and "needs."

In your case, you may not need, but will definitely want if you like to surf.
    Ah yes the WANTS and NEEDS,I WANT to get all my winter mods done now,because I NEED all my money for gas during the summer
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Maybe, for surfing I'm running the 1100 in the port rear locker, 400 under the port seat, ibs and 500 on the bow seats, 750 bag filled to 35%. My only people ballast is my wife driving and my daughter sitting someplace on the port side.

running the 1100 + ibs does create a nice wave tho.

if you do run a bag under the seat, my advise for that bag brand is the sumo bags. Much easier to work with. Wish they made a IBS and a 1100.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Maybe, for surfing I'm running the 1100 in the port rear locker, 400 under the port seat, ibs and 500 on the bow seats, 750 bag filled to 35%. My only people ballast is my wife driving and my daughter sitting someplace on the port side.

running the 1100 + ibs does create a nice wave tho.

if you do run a bag under the seat, my advise for that bag brand is the sumo bags. Much easier to work with. Wish they made a IBS and a 1100.
    Iam alittle confused, are you running a 650lb IBS under bow with 500lb on top of the bow seats and the ski locker full also
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Ah yes the WANTS and NEEDS,I WANT to get all my winter mods done now,because I NEED all my money for gas during the summer
    I explain it to the kids like this: We NEED beer because we can sit in the boat and drink it. However, we WANT gas in case we WANT to go anywhere.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!