Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    My beer is warm.
    .....and my women are cold.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    So, I was at a bar having lunch and checking the forum. Came across this you tube link. Stopped everything and watched in disbelief as the bear climbs up and guy did not take it out. I asked the bartender if she knows anyone sitting at the bar who is a hunter and she points him out. I show him the video and ask why not shoot in self defense. The answer was that if it's not bear season it is against the law. Does not make sense to me. Is that right?
    I read some of the comments on youtube, and the guy actually responded that he was bow hunting for bears, so it was in season... but that he was hunting for something bigger.. .I guess this was a young cub. Also said he didn't have any firearms on him, just a bow.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I thought all hunters carried fire arms, just in case..

And in Georgia it's for the damn snakes
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Complaint Department- Complain About Anything

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    So, I was at a bar having lunch and checking the forum. Came across this you tube link. Stopped everything and watched in disbelief as the bear climbs up and guy did not take it out. I asked the bartender if she knows anyone sitting at the bar who is a hunter and she points him out. I show him the video and ask why not shoot in self defense. The answer was that if it's not bear season it is against the law. Does not make sense to me. Is that right?
    During deer season I strictly bow hunt, but I always carry one of my pistols on me at all times!
    Here's your Fact of the day, it is against the law to shoot a black bear in Texas with fines up to $10,000, possible jail time, and loss of hunting license.
    That being said, if that were me in that exact situation and I had never encountered a bear before in my life... As soon as he started coming up that tree, he would've been met with a very loud BANG along with a very high pitched scream as I peed all over myself unloading my pistol.
    Self defense, is self defense in that scenario! He presented a threat to my life, I had nowhere to go, so I stopped the threat. If you had the video to document it, I don't think many people would say you would've been in the wrong by protecting yourself. Now if you wouldn't have caught it all on tape, like I said earlier... Nobody would have believed the story from the get go and they'd prolly slap cuffs on you and you would have to defend yourself down to the nitty gritty.... ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS with all this gun control nonsense... Let's not get started on THAT issue geeeeeezzzz
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

First time DIY tile - or more specifically grout. "This shouldn't that bad..."

What a slow, painstaking, friggin mess!

Don't know WTF I was thinking. 3+ hours of grouting and less than half done. Plus another hour+ of cleanup. Should have known to not start this phase in the evening or mix the grout all at once. (have a nice bucket of light tan concrete now )

Maybe the smaller tiles and intricate design wasn't such a good idea for a first try.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I don't know. I think it looks pretty good. And you have that nice bucket of tan ballast now too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

agreed. looks good. my only advice would have been to cut the ropes on a 45 in the corners.

I have found when doing backsplashs, mix grout in a 1gal ice cream bucket and mix 1/2 full at a time. makes it easier to work.
    you did a very nice job with the color palette

back on topic.. I need to dump some leaves at the dump and the lot is muddy. I don't want to get my feet dirty..
    it's going to rain for the next few days
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Throw down some visqueen to walk on and leave it there as a favor to the next guy.

Or just bag your shoes with a couple layers of Walmart bags and rubber bands. Remove when you hop back in.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

easier to complain about it than fix the problem

besides I think I'm going to have to go again next week. dink across the street chose not to bag his but to use his high power blower and push all his leaves into the walking trail next door to him. wind blew a chunk of them across the street into my yard last night
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks and good idea in hindsight to miter those corners...

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    easier to complain about it than fix the problem
    I'm doing both! Was pretty sketchy last night around 9:00 but was improving around 11:00.

As for the leaves, if you have a dog, the landmines could mysteriously disappear from your yard one night and wind up in the neighbor's one morning... That wind can do some incredible things.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...