Default Moomba mojo questions ballast wakesurf

Hi everyone,

This past fall I purchased a 2012 moomba mojo which has the gravity 3 ballast (1850) pounds of ballast. I bought the boat at the end of season where I spent about an hour on the boat before I bought it. For my family it was love at first sight and we loved how the boat drove. Anyway I have a couple of questions that are aimed at those folks who have had some more experience with this boat than we do. First question deals with ballast. I am looking for a wakesurf boards and one topic that comes up is the size of the wake is a factor in buying a board, so is the gravity 3 stock ballast considered a small wake? I am 200 pounds so I was looking at some inland surf boards (mucus and the red rocket). Has anyone used these boards with the stock gravity 3 ballast? I also looked at the wakemakers website and I was looking at possibly upgrading my rear ballast bags. According to the website they have a kit where you can simply change out the old ballast bag with a new one 1100 pounds(5minute job) according to the website. My questions regarding this is, first is it that easy? Do you have to modify anything? When you switch out the bag does the onboard gage that tracks how full the new bag is on the dash still work because of the upgrade or do you have to visually check it? Lastly, I know this has been asked in other forums but as far as wakesurf board recommendations go in order to get the most bang for my buck can anyone recommend a board that can handle beginners from 75 pounds to 200 plus or is that too much of a weight difference? Thanks in advance for any help with these questions

Default Re: Moomba mojo questions ballast wakesurf

If you want to enjoy the boat to its potential, upgrade to the 1100s. Its simple, especially for the results.

There are some threads on resetting the timers and others can chime in.

Inland surfer makes great boards. Again, to enjoy surfing at its potential, id consider buying two boards for that weight range.

Search function is your friend as you will find tons of info on the topics. Instant answers.

..... Do the 1100's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Moomba mojo questions ballast wakesurf

As KG said, the search function is your friend

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=19314

Thank you for your help