Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gscharf View Post
    I was planning on upgrading the the rears on my 13 OBV with 750#. Simple plug and play upgrade there. I was wonder if it would be possible to slide the 400's under the bow seat one on each side forming a V.

I know I won't get them full. It would be cheaper then buying an IBS.

I figure the the rear sac (50x16x16) is only 2" shorter than the IBS arms (52x12x12) and I would lose a little bit under the front seat. But at the end of the day they will both only fill so much no matter how big.

Also, for those that run the IBS how much weight are you getting up there and do u still run the center 400#?
    First thing is yes you can run the 2 400s under your nose. Filling is the easy part, its draining that's much more difficult.

Filling you can simply run a hose between them but when draining you need a suction source on each bag. You will need to devise a Y to drain on both bags. When i tried to use a pair of 450s in the nose of my Mojo this is the exact problem i ran into. Yes still run the 400 in the ski locker.

As for the OP.

I had a 08 LSV with a huge surf waves on both sides of the boat, very clean lots of power. The LSV on Regular is very easy to make a big clean wave, the goofy how ever is a much different animal.

I ran 1100, in the rear, the factory 400 in the locker and a 650 IBS in the nose on the stock ballast system for 3 years. The largest of the system was only 1 summer.

You will want to fill your ski locker bag right after you launch and it can be left full pretty much all the time. You how ever will not want to run the IBS full unless you are going to wake board and you don't want anyone riding in the bow because it will ride very low with no rear weight.

We did this when people wanted to wake board and i didn't want to fuss with leveling the boat side to side, and trying to get the wave clean. Ski locker and IBS wake plat 100% 23mph and it was a beefy clean wake that only takes about 10 minutes to fill.

When i went to reversible, i only did it on the rear bags, this makes plumbing simple, allows you to remove the restrictive ballast tree and use the main pump as a dedicated ski/IBS pump. I also mounted to the rear plastic panel above the muffler. Lots of room for plumbing and easy to get to if i burned an impeller.

hit me up if you want the thread, or upgrade ideas on the LSV.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    agreed. go whole hog or sit on the porch.
    I found a good deal on 4 Johnson ballast pumps that were bought new but never installed. I picked those up. I'll be picking up 1100# bags and the IBS in the spring. He wanted to sell all 4 together, so I decided I'd set up a x-link system with the 4th unless there is a compelling argument to do something different with it.

We took the boat out one last time (11/10), I took a wakeboard run and I was totally disappointed with the hole shot. I looked and it's the stock prop, so that will definitely be changing as soon as I find a good deal.

Which now means I'm going whole hog. You guys suck!
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default Re: Upcoming upgrades - ballast questions

Do you ever switch sides? I was going to do an x-link setup but used that pump for my surf side under seat bag.. I rarely switch sides and when I do it only take 7-10 minutes for my 750...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Do you ever switch sides?
    Yeah, goofy friends. I'm pretty rookie on the surfboard but I try really hard on the wake board to ride both regular and goofy. I imagine that I would like to do the same for surfing, or at least toeside/heelside. We'll see.

Another option is to use the x-link to simultaneously fill the first locker - i.e. run both right and left pumps and the x-link pump to the right which would fill the right side twice as fast. I'd probably end up limited by the fill time of the ski locker/IBS combo.

I did consider plumbing the 4th in as a "utility" pump with a connection to manually connect hoses to for extra sacs around the cabin.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post

I did consider plumbing the 4th in as a "utility" pump with a connection to manually connect hoses to for extra sacs around the cabin.
    instead of manually having to connect hose's, install the valve from Wakemakers and simply flip the handle to divert. Using the reversible's for anything more than about 1100lbs just takes to long-my experiance. Your off to a good start
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: Upcoming upgrades - ballast questions

Make sure the bags you get have extra ports on the top or you can install your own if doing a cross pump setup.. I spent a lot of wasted time trying to figure out the perfect setup, I only have goofies every once in a while so I use my 4th pump for under the seat, we still use a extra bag and tsunami pump to fill that, may plan was to have a line from the under seat bag to a hose to fill extra bags.. It's in the to do list.. you can't go wrong with any setup..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Another option is to use the x-link to simultaneously fill the first locker - i.e. run both right and left pumps and the x-link pump to the right which would fill the right side twice as fast...
    I run reversibles including one for a cross-link, but when running a bunch of reversibles you really need to look at your electrical system. I put in an additional DC distribution panel with removable fuses and mounted it in an area that is easy to get to. I did this after my first weekend out with my reversibles wired to a factory disto block and blew a fuse that I could not find. The new Blue Seas distribution panel has it's own power supply cables and ground back to the batteries and is on it's own circuit breaker near the batteries. I can now run all five reversibles at the same time.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    I put in an additional DC distribution panel with removable fuses and mounted it in an area that is easy to get to.
    Yeah, my plan was to put in a little panel like this: http://www.bluesea.com/products/5025
    I'm thinking of putting it in the engine compartment and running cables off the starter solenoid. Then using relays on the pumps so that I only have to run a low current control signal from the switch up front to the solenoids and keep all of the large wires to a minimum.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yeah, my plan was to put in a little panel like this: http://www.bluesea.com/products/5025
    That is the one that I used, or real close to it. Just make sure it is mounted somewhere you can easily get to and carry extra fuses.

Remember, it wont be in the comfort of your driveway when one of them pops. I haven't had one problem yet running all five pumps at the same time, though I usually only run three at a time max.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I'm thinking of putting it in the engine compartment and running cables off the starter solenoid. Then using relays on the pumps so that I only have to run a low current control signal from the switch up front to the solenoids and keep all of the large wires to a minimum.
    it requires 2 relays per pump to revers its polarity. This is too complicated considering that a standard Carling DPDT rocker will do this for you and carry the load. The pump only requires 12ga wire and has a continuous current draw of about 15A. I suggest passing on the relays, locate the pump's fuse block under the helm and feed it with with ample cabling from the battery.