Default Motor Fuel Taxes

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-g...s/gasoline-tax

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...double-gas-tax

Attached is a link to an interactive map of the United States. Float the curser over a state and its breakdown of federal and state motor fuel taxes appears.

As of January 2014, highest rate was California @ 70.87 cents per gallon and Alaska the lowest @ 30.80 cents per gallon.

I recently moved from Illinois, where the tax is 57.50 cents per gallon of gasoline to Virginia where the rate is 35.68 per gallon.

Tax rates on motor fuel may have absolutely no corollary to the condition of a state’s road and bridge infrastructure.

Example: I drive all over the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the heavily traveled I-95 and I-64 corridors, and generally speaking its roads are a dream compared to Illinois, where motorists spend almost 22 cents more in taxes on a gallon of gasoline.

Not a new topic here on the forum. But thought to bring it up again because there is discussion among some on Capitol Hill seeking to double the current 18 cents per gallon federal tax on motor fuel.

Whatever your position on the topic, take time to be informed about motor fuel taxes, including how your state spends the tax proceeds.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Remember that some states allow a road use credit for fuel used in a boat, The Washington state one is:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...ftrefunds.html
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Curious if you have submitted for it? When I penciled it out it appeared to not be worth bothering with if I was figuring it right.

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    Curious if you have submitted for it? When I penciled it out it appeared to not be worth bothering with if I was figuring it right.
    Too funny. I tried it for a couple of years and it wasn't worth the effort. Keeping receipts and filling out the paperwork. I imagine if someone used their boat a lot it may be worthwhile or had other off road vehicles. You are correct but it is there. It is really in place for the agriculture business.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Motor Fuel Taxes

I've done it twice and got 84 the first time and 92 the second. it's not a ton but it's some

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV