Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Glad to hear you got it all fixed. I had the same issue. Droveto Georgia to get the boat and back with no issues. Half a dozen trips, 1.5 miles, and the axle goes on the way home. Jerry was great, but I had to pay for it all. With tow fees, a marina slip for a few weeks, and all the parts I needed to get it fixed, I spent over $1000! Hopefully I got one of those new axles that won't break again.
    Jr.
    '08 Outback V

That's what Jerry claims. No problems so far. Been 2 years. I did the axle exchange with the boat on the trailer.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    now the question for those that have the torsion axle from 05-08? is how to find out before the failure which supplier the axle came from, its winter time and if mine was at risk i would swap them out now vrs risking it.
    My suggestion is get the axle serial number from the bottom of the axle (starts with "A") and call up Dennis at UFP 931-967-5101 x16, maybe he can help with that info. The axle is only around $300 to purchase I believe, so it may not be a bad idea to do it as a precautionary measure. Plus, even if you have one from the "good" supplier, they still have changed the design and the new axle you would be buying is supposedly a better design.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I have an '08 LSV with a dual axle. mid summer one axle failed. at first they said 5 years and was expired, but after talking to Jerry, he warranted both axles. I paid for shipping of both axles. I felt like I received great service from boatmate, I think most everyone has had good service from them.

Maybe it was UFP who warrantied them? I forget, I did talk to someone and they denied the warranty because out of time, so i ordered a new axle for purchase. but them someone else did warranty, and I canceled the other order.

For the axles, we cleaned and then just rattle can spray painted them. I figure my boat is on the trailer in the garage or I am in the boat on the the water. I am fine with different colored axles that really never get seen.

We replaced the failed axle with the boat on the trailer. We did it one evening in a few hours, except for breaking a brake line fitting. We have not replaced the other axle yet, just because I am lazy. Maybe a winter project?
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Got my axle today, all shiny and painted black. That makes my job a lot easier to not have to paint it. Now all I have to do is swap it out hopefully by Weds night so I can drop it off at my father-in-law's pole barn on our way up north to deer camp!

I got an 04 XLV on a Boatmate dual axle trailer and the tires ride awfully close to the fenders. In fact the last trip to the river I got on the bypass and when I went across the bridge the trailer bottomed out on the tire and skinned all the treas off it, thought maybe it was just a bad tire. So I'm assuming mine is getting ready to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by treverspence View Post
    I got an 04 XLV on a Boatmate dual axle trailer and the tires ride awfully close to the fenders. In fact the last trip to the river I got on the bypass and when I went across the bridge the trailer bottomed out on the tire and skinned all the treas off it, thought maybe it was just a bad tire. So I'm assuming mine is getting ready to fail?
    Yes. The only place that you should be towing that trailer is directly to a repair shop.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by treverspence View Post
    So I'm assuming mine is getting ready to fail?
    nope, sounds like already did.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

BTW I got my bill for the shipping, $66. That was much less than expected. Now I just have to find the time to get this thing installed, the snow is almost here and I would like to get my boat inside for winter!

Got the axle on, was really no prob. Took about 3 hours of running back and forth gathering the correct tools and getting an air compressor set up down on my lake lot (no power), and then about an hour to actually swap out the axle and bleed the brakes once we had all the right tools lol.