Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
I wish that I had known what was happening back when I started getting early symptoms back in 2009...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....tch-adjustment

I only tow a couple of times a year, so progression of the problem was very slow. Now the shimmy worse and one side is down about 2cm. The local trailer repair shop confirmed that one axle needs replacement. Jerry sent me the links for replacement parts. No warranty coverage is available after so long.

Maybe we can do a group buy in the spring?
I haven't towed barely at all this year other than bringing it home from Illinois, after that maybe 20 miles. I don't know how much it was towed by the original owner though. However, I had no warning signs at all, at least no obvious ones. Last weekend I towed it to the gas station and back no problem, this weekend the tires were jammed up into the fenders before I even moved it.

My neighbor has his empty for sale Supra Boatmate dual axle trailer sitting literally 15 feet from my boat on a broken trailer...maybe it's time to upgrade to a dual, even though I only tow a couple times a year for very short rides!