Thread: boat hoist

Hybrid View

Default boat hoist

Any suggestions for purchasing a boat hoist for a 2003 Mobius? Water is about 3-4' deep. Whats best vertical or cantilever? Is the tower going to fit under a canopy and is there anything else I should be considering when making this purchase?

I have a 4k vertical great lakes lift and love it, have to get the canopy extensions for the tower to fit unfolded.

Where are you located?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Located in Oakland County, Michigan.
    Hoist salesman asked about the size of the boats draft. When I told him 22" he said that, that seems pretty unlikley, but that is what the Mobius' manual says... do I need to factor in the size of the boats draft? What else should I consider when purchasing a used hoist?

You are correct, salesman not so much... Draft will help determine the height of the bunks over the cross beam. My obv had the same draft and I set them 12 inches about the cross beams. Never a problem .

Over weight for removal., plus manual crank, battery or electric winch choices.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default boat hoist

Boat in question is a Horizon 180 with a 5.0 V8, 2800# or so in weight, my trailer has 4 bunks for the boat to sit on and the new 4500# hoist I just bought has only 2 bunks, 1 on either side of the keel. Is that enough to properly handle the weight when the boat is on the hoist or should I some how add 2 more bunks? I do understand you probably need 4 trailer bunks only when bouncing down the highway.

Two bunks are fine

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold