Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default I"m in if someone puts it together-group buy-FAE

have the funds available now for a fresh air exhaust, so if someone wants to get a group buy put together im in.

and no, Im not interested at all in try to put one together
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I can always get one going but we will need 4-5 people total, normally its 5 but I'm sure i can get it for 4. Discount will most likely be $50 off as that's what they have been running discounts for.

Let me know.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default I"m in if someone puts it together-group buy-FAE

What is a FAE and why would I want/need one?

2013 Outback V
    2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    What is a FAE and why would I want/need one?

2013 Outback V
    Check them out here, lots of info
    http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

I was in a Outback that had one-it was very strange how quite the boat was, really changed the experiance of the sounds being on the water, my main reason for wanting to get one.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am interested, but would love to hear from people who have this installed and what they think of it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I have ran them on my LSV and the Mojo and i personally love how its more quite in the boat. I find it very relaxing to actually cruise at 21+ and hear the water splashing off the hull.

You still hear the engine but its a lot quiter, pretty simular to how your muffler makes your car quite.

Here is the thread i had for the last one i ran

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=group

And here is the 2012 one i ran.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=group
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Agree with Mike. Here is mine. All my future boats will have one as well. Definitely worth the $$.

photo1.jpg
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

What has been your guys' experience with on-going tinkering to keep them in place, tight, connected properly, etc.??

I've done a little reading across different forums and the end result dropped this lower on my wish list.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

So i can understand the FAE reducing the noise, but how does it reduce carbon monoxide? All the FAE is doing is pushing the exhaust down maybe 18 inches lower in the water, it will still bubble up right? Is it that it bubbles up further back behind the surfer now instead of in front of him?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    So i can understand the FAE reducing the noise, but how does it reduce carbon monoxide? All the FAE is doing is pushing the exhaust down maybe 18 inches lower in the water, it will still bubble up right? Is it that it bubbles up further back behind the surfer now instead of in front of him?
    The FAE doesn't reduce carbon monoxide.
    At Idle you will still have Carbon Monoxide behind the boat because the air bubbles from the exhaust still burble out at the swim deck.

What it does do is while surfing it causes all exhaust gases to be pushed under water, and they actually exit through the wave and vent to atmosphere behind your surfer.

If you ever watch while surfing the exhaust outlets are above the water line but still being somewhat directed away by the tilt in the swim deck.

The biggest improvements I have noticed with the FAE is that when you surf, the surfer can no longer smell the exhaust. Also we had several people including Claudia and myself getting headachs behind the LSV. This does not happened on the Mojo before the FAE. I think its due to the new engines burning cleaner and the CAT. Mind you, the CAT does not stop carbon monoxide as its an ordorless gas.

The other big improvement that I had noticed, and I have noticed this behind the Mojo before the FAE, and I noticed it behind a lot of boats I have been behind. No more exhaust smell when you come off plane when surfing and wake boarding during your turn around.

I think the rush of smell behind the boat when you come off plane is because the wave behind the boat splashes up on the swim deck and pushes all that exhaust smell into the cabin area.
    [COLOR="#696969"]