Default Need help with a list of winterization/tune up parts

So I have read up on what I need for tune up/ winterization on my 07 LSV with the 325 engine. I
    am not actually going to winterize since I will keep it in a heated garage, but wanted to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Here is what I have..

Fuel stabilizer
    Rotella 15-40 motor oil
    Penzoil oil filter PZ 52
    Impeller 09-812B-1 I probably wait till the spring to put this in.
    Fuel fliter Wix33299
    Spark plugs AC 41-101 or 41-993 Skidim said to use the 101 but I thought I read that those are only for catalytic converter engines, which mine is not.
    Cap and Rotor? I don't know the make and part # of these if anyone has them handy.
    V-drive and transmition oil- any recommendations on which oils?

The boat only has 200hrs so I don't know that I really need to do plugs, cap, and rotor, but I thought I might as well do it while I am in there.

Anything else I am missing?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Beer (s)....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'd do the plugs if they have 200 hrs. AC 41-993 gapped at .060 is OEM, or
    AC MR43LTS gapped at .045 come highly recommended for non-cat applications like yours.

Other things... clean your flame arrestor with brake cleaner. Clean the magnet on your vdrive, and the screen on your transmission if you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Other things... clean your flame arrestor with brake cleaner. Clean the magnet on your vdrive, and the screen on your transmission if you haven't yet.
    forgot to add those to my list. thanks
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Beer (s)....
    You know, after all the boating I've done and the many of times I've never winterized my boat, I think this is the most important piece of winterization tools ever needed. Beer. You see, when you go to winterize your boat, you are going to look on the forum while you have a beer in your hand most likely. You read through all the steps and you begin to realize you are letting your beer get warm as you hold it in your hand and the mouse in the other, scrolling and reading. Then you realize Darn! I'm out! Better make a run. Once you get back, keep reading...Keep reading... Dang, that replenished beer you just had emptied itself somehow and ended up in your belly... Better go get another one after I finish reading this... Ok, 3 words later, Yep I need another one. So go get one! Now time to start on the boat. After you think you've prepared all this stuff on winterizing the boat, you pop a top, climb in the boat, open the back hatches and grab a flash light and get ready to go to work. But then you realize "Wait, I better take a good swig of this before I go head first, upside down in the engine compartment" so a big swig is taken. After spending 10 minutes or so around in the engine compartment upside down, you feel your mouth watering for more beer as your brain starts to tell you "Holy smokes, this job will require more beer!!" So you surface back out of the engine compartment and finish that beer and go off (it had just a sip left) to grab a handful from your fridge in the house. Once you walk that long haul to the fridge, you realize "Dang, that was a workout. I better not step on no rattlesnakes on the way back to the g-rage" and back out into the wilderness you go. After you carefully tip toe your way back looking for the snakes that aren't in your yard, you climb back on the boat and decide "Well, that beer I got from the fridge just a second ago I guess had a hole in it. I need another!" **PSSTT*POP* goes another top. At this point, you sit in the bow singing "I'm ridin on dolphins, doin flips and sh*T" swaying back and forth like you're out on the 7 seas. Little did you know, that was NOT the 7 seas, just the 7 beers you just killed. And dang nabbit if you didn't spill those 7 beers in your mouth. Well, better get another. What the heck am I doing on my boat anyways?!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Default Need help with a list of winterization/tune up parts

My 08 had 200hrs on it this year. I put new plugs and a fuel filter on her and noticed great improvement! I was having a very slight hesitation at surf speeds, runs better than ever now!
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    So I have read up on what I need for tune up/ winterization on my 07 LSV with the 325 engine. I
    am not actually going to winterize since I will keep it in a heated garage, but wanted to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Here is what I have..

Anything else I am missing?
    I'd have to highly reccomend that even though you are keeping your boat in a heated garage <as do I> I would still pull the engine block drain plugs. Let the engine block drain, then just put the plugs back in.

You really dont want straight lake water sitting stagnent in the engine. With all the minerals in the water, it can start eating the engine from the inside out. If you have a heater I would blow this out, or drain it just the same.

This is all i do to winterize my boat and never have any issues.

As for the Cap and Rotor, I think the 07 was the same as the 08 i had, and its not a standard cap and rotor assembly like you would find on a car. The dealer replaced mine and said its a few hundo for the parts.

If you do go that direction I would replace the spark plug cables while your at it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley, that is good advise. thanks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by sicktc06 View Post
    You know, after all the boating I've done and the many of times I've never winterized my boat, I think this is the most important piece of winterization tools ever needed. Beer. You see, when you go to winterize your boat, you are going to look on the forum while you have a beer in your hand most likely. You read through all the steps and you begin to realize you are letting your beer get warm as you hold it in your hand and the mouse in the other, scrolling and reading. Then you realize Darn! I'm out! Better make a run. Once you get back, keep reading...Keep reading... Dang, that replenished beer you just had emptied itself somehow and ended up in your belly... Better go get another one after I finish reading this... Ok, 3 words later, Yep I need another one. So go get one! Now time to start on the boat. After you think you've prepared all this stuff on winterizing the boat, you pop a top, climb in the boat, open the back hatches and grab a flash light and get ready to go to work. But then you realize "Wait, I better take a good swig of this before I go head first, upside down in the engine compartment" so a big swig is taken. After spending 10 minutes or so around in the engine compartment upside down, you feel your mouth watering for more beer as your brain starts to tell you "Holy smokes, this job will require more beer!!" So you surface back out of the engine compartment and finish that beer and go off (it had just a sip left) to grab a handful from your fridge in the house. Once you walk that long haul to the fridge, you realize "Dang, that was a workout. I better not step on no rattlesnakes on the way back to the g-rage" and back out into the wilderness you go. After you carefully tip toe your way back looking for the snakes that aren't in your yard, you climb back on the boat and decide "Well, that beer I got from the fridge just a second ago I guess had a hole in it. I need another!" **PSSTT*POP* goes another top. At this point, you sit in the bow singing "I'm ridin on dolphins, doin flips and sh*T" swaying back and forth like you're out on the 7 seas. Little did you know, that was NOT the 7 seas, just the 7 beers you just killed. And dang nabbit if you didn't spill those 7 beers in your mouth. Well, better get another. What the heck am I doing on my boat anyways?!
    ^^^^This, except it's made worse by bringing a cooler of beer on the boat and hopping inside the engine compartment with your headlamp on and holding your cell phone while you scroll through the steps from the forum. I'm going to have to say that about 50% of time is spent drinking beer and the other 50% is me acting like a boat mechanic....
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's