Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jsly04XLV View Post
    6.2 Ford raptor engine. Not very revolutionary.
    And every Telecom company has the "BEST" coverage.

Companies don't need to be the best, they just need to say they are the best.

How would you like to be in that meeting?;

(Boss) Bob! we just inked a deal with Ford to supply engines.
    (Bob) Why did we do that?
    (Boss) Because it is in our company mission statement that we are to provide the best service to our clients by continually adding value to our patron based performance product lineup, fueled by our people who are committed to delivering exceptional results and creating extraordinary innovative ideas to take us into the next century and beyond and to encourage employees' personal and professional growth, productivity, and physical and mental well-being, the mission of the our firm shall be to foster a worksite culture that encourages both personal and professional growth from within our own ranks...
    (Bob) What!
    (Boss) Just go write new g&#-D@^$ new ad campaign telling everyone that it is the best thing for them!
    (Bob) Huh? How is changing engine manufactures better for the consumer?
    (Boss) Why! Because it is! "Revolutionary!" yes "Revolutionary!" Bob! Use that term in the new ad campaign. That PEOPLE is genius inspiration and why I am CEO!
    (Bob) Huh?
    (Boss) Bob! Your Fired! FRANK!! GET IN HERE!!! I HAVE A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!!...
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Default Re: Big Announcement from Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    And every Telecom company has the "BEST" coverage.

Companies don't need to be the best, they just need to say they are the best.

How would you like to be in that meeting?;

(Boss) Bob! we just inked a deal with Ford to supply engines.
    (Bob) Why did we do that?
    (Boss) Because it is in our company mission statement that we are to provide the best service to our clients by continually adding value to our patron based performance product lineup, fueled by our people who are committed to delivering exceptional results and creating extraordinary innovative ideas to take us into the next century and beyond and to encourage employees' personal and professional growth, productivity, and physical and mental well-being, the mission of the our firm shall be to foster a worksite culture that encourages both personal and professional growth from within our own ranks...
    (Bob) What!
    (Boss) Just go write new g&#-D@^$ new ad campaign telling everyone that it is the best thing for them!
    (Bob) Huh? How is changing engine manufactures better for the consumer?
    (Boss) Why! Because it is! "Revolutionary!" yes "Revolutionary!" Bob! Use that term in the new ad campaign. That PEOPLE is genius inspiration and why I am CEO!
    (Bob) Huh?
    (Boss) Bob! Your Fired! FRANK!! GET IN HERE!!! I HAVE A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!!...
    Funny cause it's true!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

When will Moomba be putting the Ford engines in their boats? Is it possible that Moomba will switch to PCM?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Re: Big Announcement from Indmar

The SA (skiers choice) was the display boat. Seems most are saying gm is getting phased out of Indmar.

I'm not positive, but isnt PCM a marinizer like Indmar?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

pcm is a marinizer just like indmar and are offering the same engine lineups as indmar is currently. difference is in the software tweaks and I think some of that is on purpose to get a slightly different number to call it a 343 instead of a 340. my pcm 343 uses the same part numbers from autozone that my indmar ext340 used. both are using the same 550hp blown motor as the top offering.

I get the buzz from indmar as it's a marketing big deal for them, but for the end-user, I can't imagine anyone cares what engine powers their boat as long as it does so efficently and reliably. they'll probably spin this to show some added hp/tq numbers using the ford motor but any tuner could get an added 20hp out of the chevy motor if they wanted.

what's funny is that you will now see people that will never buy an indmar-powered boat due to having a ford block in it now.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I understand your view Sandm, my issue with the Ford block is its not as proven as the Chevy small blocks. Everyone knows the 350 small block is bullet proof. My main concern is how much are parts going to cost when you go to a Ford block vs Chevy.

I could care less about HP I'd rather them rank an engine with Torque for Wake Boats.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

agreed mike, but iirc, 15 years ago all these boats had the ford gt40 or 351 marine engine in them. somehow we all shifted to the gm block. betting as that took place there were lots of guys sitting around in boat showrooms bitching about losing ford blocks and how gm isn't proven in the towboat industry(imagine the message boards back then if they had been around).

at the end of the day, I would bet that indmar/ford have struck up a marriage that is financially positive for both companies and that's the reason for the switch. compare engine prices 5 years from now and bet the incentives for switching to ford are all gone and prices are back where they were or higher. to your point, ford engines have always been a tad higher both in initial cost and parts. guessing that's due to the volume of chevy engines produced and the aftermarket industry embracing that platform.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Everybody stock up on extra solenoids. LOL.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

So...if they're going with Ford, why isn't the revolutionary announcement that they will be implementing a marinized version of the EcoBoost 3.5L V6 with twin turbo? Now, I'd consider that revolutionary; the EcoBoost has almost as much torque as the 6.2...not as much horsepower though, but much better fuel economy.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV