Thread: Direct TV

Default Direct TV

Nothing skiing related but man did those bast*rds ever bend me over!
    I sought them out, spent HOURS getting them to hook up service, they gave me programming I wanted for two weeks then I come home from work and no hockey games!
    To make matters even worse when I called to complain, then try to cancel service.......was told it would cost me $500.00 to cancel!

WTF???????

:mad

I feel so hosed and so bent over!!!!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Default Direct TV

I feel your pain, I have to deal with directv all the time with my work. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but it sounds like you aren't getting what you were promised, so you do have rights.

Honestly, call them back. your experience could be much different, just because the next person you talk to could easily be in a better mood than the last one.

They are definitely not the best company in customer service, by any stretch of the imagination, but a calm and friendly approach to the next customer service person could easily get you further...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I was a loyal and faithful directv subscriber from august 1994(30th person in montana to get it) until 2009 and finally got fed up with higher prices and poor service. initially they were a great company but all I hear anymore are inflated prices and bad service.

I have been with dish now for almost 3 years and no real issues with them. service is quite a bit cheaper than direc, but I can't say customer service is much better.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Been with both over the years and tend to go back and forth depending on the promo's they run at end of contract. This way you are always getting new equipment and the best deals.
    Now with DirectV and quite frankly they are about the same. Crap customer service, programming glitches, equipment failure, constant resets. Personally don't think either of them really care about existing customers. It's all about signing up new subscribers. It is what it is.
    I've also done cable through various companies and for me satellite is the better of the shit pile. I do like my Sunday Ticket!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I miss the dish network DVR, direct TV dvr sucks balls.. I'd switch back but I need my Sunday NFL ticket...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I work with a guy who just had his DTV bill go up more than $80 in one month. When the bill was examined, it included a PPV (which was ordered) and some kind of NFL package. He was, of course, happy to pay for what he ordered. When his wife called, DTV's answer was it was her fault. They flatly refused to delete the NFL package charges. It took extended conversations with FIVE DTV employees before they would agree to credit the bill.

DTV is notorious for that kind of activity and they play the odds that customers will give up on a dispute of any unauthorized charges. Terrible programming and the worst customer service. It is worse than financing your Moomba with Tony Soprano (RIP).
    Last edited by Mobius13; 10-30-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV

I absolutely hated directv. Had them for about 4 yrs and had all sorts of problems. They installed the dish in a bad place on the house and I always had reception problems. One thing with directv was after my 2 yr contract was up they would give me discounts when I call and told there service was horrible and that I was switching to dish or cable. I finally got the deal I wanted with a local cable company and I been with four a yrs and I am fairly happy. Never goes out, that's for sure. Just paying a little more than I want.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

You think they are bad you should try Century Link/Prism. DTV is a breath of fresh air after those guys. I signed up for a "no contract" plan while we were staying in our temporary house last year. After 6 months I returned all the equipment and told them thanks but I didn't need it anymore cuz I was moving out and moving on. Plus they never got me the HD programming they promised, etc. They tried to bill me for a $350 early disconnect fee (I had never agreed to this) and then tried to charge me for all the equipment even after I sent them a copy of their local guy's receipt for the equipment return. They threatened collection so I told them not to waste their time. I told them to forward all the information to their legal department before xx/xx/2013 or I would file suit and they could pay a nice retainer to a law firm to respond at my local court house. Finally a legal guy called me to apologize after he reviewed the file. Turned out they owed me $38 and he said the check was already on the way. Never again with them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

interesting how everyone's experience can vary.

I had centurylink for my dsl in Idaho. loved it. speed as promised and in 2.5years never had an outage. shake the mouse, internet is connected.

now the same can not be said for timewarnercable here in wi. it's crap.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten