Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greetings from Australia

Hi all,

Greetings from the land downunder, we have just taken delivery of our 2014 Outback V and just thought i'd say hi. Our 3 year old son was up behind the boat on his ez ski on the weekend and I can see many fun years ahead behind this great boat.

I've lurked through these forums the past few weeks as we made the decision to buy and have found the information very useful, so thank you all.

I had one quick question, the boat came we the OZ tower and in one of the storage compartment there was a bag full of 4 or 5 black straps. The label on the bag said that they go with the tower, but for the life of me I can't work out what they are for. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is a pic of the boat out on the weekend.

Regards,
    Azz...

2014 Moomba Outback V
    2002 Lewis Prestige Center Mount (sold)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats and great color! Maybe for the Bimini top?
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    Congrats and great color! Maybe for the Bimini top?
    Thanks mate, I thought that but the bimini has a sock with a strap aswell to fold it up and attach it to the tower...

Azz - Welcome to the Moomba family and congratulations on the new Outback V! Hopefully an owner with OZ tower can answer your question. I have an Outback with earlier version tower, so not in a position to know anything about the OZ. On what lake do you boat? Where is home for you? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Are they for the cover poles so that the poles don't fall/get knocked over?

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Azz - Welcome to the Moomba family and congratulations on the new Outback V! Hopefully an owner with OZ tower can answer your question. I have an Outback with earlier version tower, so not in a position to know anything about the OZ. On what lake do you boat? Where is home for you? - Deerfield
    I'm near Canberra in Australia, the lake we ride is called Lake Burrinjuck, although the water level is dropping rapidly so may have to travel a bit further for fresh water shortly, unless we want to head to in the salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Are they for the cover poles so that the poles don't fall/get knocked over?
    thanks for your reply: bimini cover poles? possibly perhaps once the bimini sock is on and the main strap attached to the tower, then these ones are used to attach the ends of the sock to the tower for more support.

No, the poles that hold the mooring cover up from inside the boat/under the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    No, the poles that hold the mooring cover up from inside the boat/under the cover.
    could be, i'll have to check it out - thanks

Pretty sure mine has those as well. Still in the bag under one of the seats. I've been wondering what they were for.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)