Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Detached garage progress...

Looks great Dusty. Jill said she was surprised you kept the boat outside with as much as you take care of it. I've definitely got garage envy. Maybe I should move up there where I could have the room to build one, it would probably only tack on an extra 15 minutes to the commute to the office.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

We have been lucky enough to have it in my dad's shop all this time. Those outside shots were just between trips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Nice, real nice!

Are you going to insulate and rock the interior walls?

Don't forget to add:
    • Multiple 48" T8 fluorescents on different three way switches for stepped lighting (i.e. one third, two thirds or all on) which is easy to do at this point.
    • Prewire for 6 to 8 in-ceiling speakers, again cheap at this point, then later add the 8" in ceiling speakers from Monoprice and run Sonos amps. Order the speaker wire from Monoprice and you don't need 12 ga.
    • Run 120V outlets up about four feet off the ground vs. the regular 12" near the back and the front of the garage for plugging in accessories (e.g. battery chargers, work lights etc)
    • Install multiple LED motion detector lights on both the inside and outside of the garage, pull up hit the remote and back that baby in - the lights come on automatically. The LEDs will cost more initially but you won't have to screw around replacing bulbs.

Again real nice, but get rid of those damn snakes!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

looks real good dusty. I would echo eric's ideas on prewiring for speakers down the road. not sure on the stepped lighting. single on for a light when you need a tool and more for work lighting when in there. can get expensive quick if you start messing around with electrical especially if you don't have a dedicated panel for power.

did you guys consider "attaching" it to the house for a continuous look? I would think the height of it next to that wall of windows would negate most light benefits there?

eric, you have outlets 12" off the ground in a garage? every place I've ever been has been 4ft in the garage as standard. I would think code would prevent low outlets in a garage as being legal unless you are finishing a garage as livable space.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Dusty I installed six of these in my dad's mancave and they sounds great. Its funny when I go over there and he is just jamming out. Also for the electrical at his we installed outlets at the normal 12" and at 48" around the whole shop. Don't forget the outlets for the wall hung TV and beer signs. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

That looks awesome man, big time garage envy here. The drain for the bilge was some great planning ahead. Don't forget to epoxy coat the floor for that showroom shine!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Awesome looking indeed! I want to build our garage bigger; the configuration of our lot and association rules won't allow a large detached, so I am going to have to live with adding a third stall on the end; looking at this makes me bummed that I didn't get it done before winter!
    2013 Outback V

We are doing the finish out on the inside ourselves. I've got all the insulation already..just waiting for them to have it dried in so my dad and I can get in there and do electrical and sheetrock. I've got a 50" plasma that will go on the back wall behind the truck stall..which will be above the work table.

Those speakers look like the way to go...I just need to decide if they should go in the wall somewhere or if I should put them up on the ceiling so they are out of the way and since it's so far up it will help to not have a loud area at ear level somewhere on the wall in the middle of the building.

My air compressor will be in the storage room side with a switched plug right next to the door so I can have air on demand in the main part and flip the switch to prevent it from running when done. Also the drill press and freestanding belt sander will go over there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Looks great congrats! Enjoy that new garage
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Looks great so far. Will you have plumbing? I have hot/cold water with a large utility sink in my garage and it always gets used.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190