Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Motor

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but since it will be my first boat, what are benefits if tandem axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I agree that maneuvering can be of concern, but that is all dependent on your skill level when it comes to trailering. I would highly suggest the tandem over the single for blowouts since I just had one, 3 tires supporting the load is much safer than 1 IMO. In the end it will depend on your situation, can you afford it, can you trailer it (skill/towing vehicle) and is it worth it to you.
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

I had single under the supra and it was a breeze to move around in the garage. there's a double on the current boat and I can't budge that thing more than a few inches and to try and back it up at all, forget it. gotta be a good driver.

I know a guy here local that is looking at a mondo for next spring and he wants single to be able to get it into the 3rd stall since you can't pour a 3car driveway here in greenbay. it'll be a breeze to move around and we don't have more than a few miles to the launch ramp.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Whats the difference between Cruise - Digital Pro with Display vs. Cruise - Zero Off GPS
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

assumption here that digital pro is paddlewheel based and the other is gps. having had both(perfect pass in the supra, not digital pro), gps is the way to go imo.

I never found the paddlewheel to be that accurate. gps seems to hold a much steadier speed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    assumption here that digital pro is paddlewheel based and the other is gps. having had both(perfect pass in the supra, not digital pro), gps is the way to go imo.

I never found the paddlewheel to be that accurate. gps seems to hold a much steadier speed.
    Unless you ride on a river or have something blocking the gps(really fun goes crazy!), bridges, trees, etc,etc.....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Bigger Motor

Plus one for zero off. Holds speed great
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Whats the benefit of dual batteries if I don't have a large stereo?
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

You will if you follow this forum for any amount of time.Then you will need the dual battery,s.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by drewdwn View Post
    Whats the benefit of dual batteries if I don't have a large stereo?
    simple--on boat backup. Sa you trailer 2 hrs to the lake, back in and hit the key and nothing happens, then you realize you left the key on last time out, so now instead of scrambling to find a jump start you reach over and switch to batt 2 and she fires right up. worth it right there. And, when Exile starts shipping box's your set for that large stereo--somethings just happen and that's one of them--lol.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

snap bow cover, heater, double axle trailer-upgraded wheels, popup cleat's, logo carpet. Heck, just click every box off.....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart