Default Single vs Tandem Axle Trailer

So after reading through some of the replies in the Bigger Motor post, I am likely to change my initial selection of the 330 engine and go with the 345 engine.

Within this post there was also discussion of single vs tandem axle trailer and rather than hijack that post I figured it would be better to start a new post.

I read some of your replies concerning the pros and cons of a single vs tandem axle trailer.

The upgrade cost does not worry me if it would be the better choice. I have absolutely zero experience with trailering. My boat will be in a 3rd stall garage and I would like to have the ability to move it around in the garage if possible. Since I will be keeping my boat in the garage and there is not a great place to boat close to our home, I likely will be traveling varying distances to our boating destination for the day.

That being said, I am curious what people would suggest.

Thanks.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Will the boat be straight in to that 3rd bay of the garage or angled?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

It should be straight and now that I think of it, I don't think we will have to manuever it too much. I was going back and forth between the Mondo and Mojo and with the Mojo, we would have had to angle it.

With the Mondo, all 3 stalls should be deep enough for it to be backed straight in so we should have some flexibility.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Tandem all the way. Better distribution of weight on the road. Tracks better behind your tow vehicle. Real peace of mind in case you encounter something like this at 70mph that it's not (necessarily) going to be a disaster.

Sure it will cost you 2x$ when it's time to replace tires bit it is worth it IMHO.

a picture worth a thousand words!! i've been there before. +1 on the tandem from me
    2014 MOOMBA LSV
    1998 Response LX (sold)

owned both, tandem for me every time just incase that happens above. seems to really tow better and tracks straighter behind the rig.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

tandem all the way. as long as you don't have to ever move it by hand. I can budge mine maybe a 1/4 inch by hand.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Actually on fairly flat road I've rolled mine about 20ft and even turned it a little. Pulling it out with the truck, unhooking, rolling it up to the back of the motorhome. Not bad really but any incline or sharp turns and you can forget about it!

No brainer, tandem all the way.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Tandem 100%. I currently have a single axle trailer and want a tandem real bad.
    Also another plus to the tandem trailer (and a headache i have just had with my single axle) is if the hub pops a seal, you can at least take a tire off and get home without worry. Or a blowout like Berg!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow