Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Speaking of deflated...I guess others on here deflate their tires to fit into the garage?

As for hitch, why didn't you just go get the adjustable drop hitch from harbor freight for $25? Always in stock, and I'm not a big harbor freight guy or anything but it's a pretty dang good ball mount, I use it all the time now. 11" max drop.
    I have used the HF version for the last 2 summers almost every weekend.... just for lowering to get the boat in and out of the garage.... no issues.

I have always wanted one of those (well, not "always")

Who built that second one in the photo? I want to build one, what 12V dc motor is that?

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Or get a power trailer dolly.

http://www.powercaster.com/Products.html

Or have one built that looks like this:
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    I have always wanted one of those (well, not "always")

Who built that second one in the photo? I want to build one, what 12V dc motor is that?
    I found the pic on a thread talking about power trailer dollys. I don't know who made it, was a pic that someone found. As far as anyone could tell, the motor is a 12v ATV winch. So definitely wouldn't want long run times... Looks slick as hell though.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Learn from my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Speaking of deflated...I guess others on here deflate their tires to fit into the garage?

As for hitch, why didn't you just go get the adjustable drop hitch from harbor freight for $25? Always in stock, and I'm not a big harbor freight guy or anything but it's a pretty dang good ball mount, I use it all the time now. 11" max drop.
    Didn't find it while searching so I am canceling my order and heading over after work. Thanks.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Didn't find it while searching so I am canceling my order and heading over after work. Thanks.
    Ahh. I have learned to always include them in my searches for stuff, because some of their prices on things are just unbeatably amazing, like this hitch. Any competition is at least 3x as much for a similar adjustable hitch. I don't think they always have the best quality stuff, but this seems to be a winner. I usually read the reviews online before I buy something, and there are many times I don't buy a harbor freight item if the reviews are bad, even if it's a lot cheaper than a name brand or something. This hitch had great reviews.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I spent two grand on a guest quad and it moves all of my trailers around at least on flat ground. BTW, the picture is not of my quad and only an example. I usually don't have a camera around when I moving my crap. I need a bigger lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I use a skateboard to get my boat in the garage. It is a little sketchy but it works well.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Default Re: Learn from my mistakes

That was me, it uses a small ATV winch motor..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skM...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
    Last edited by parrothd; 10-16-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    That was me, it uses a small ATV winch motor..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skM...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
    Well, I think it's badass. How does it work in practice? I would be curious to know how it does moving a boat on an upwards slanted driveway... or when off pavement. Love the idea though. nice fab skillz
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: Learn from my mistakes

Works only on flat or very slight inclines, no off roading.. The moomba weighs to much, the mover will lose traction and slip on grass or inclines. I'd look at an ATV or add a hitch to front of your truck if you need to off road..

It may work on small inclines, when I tried it the first time I think the trailer brakes where being engaged.. I was going to test with the lockout but keep forgetting.. Now that I have a wetslip I only use the mover 2, 3 times a year..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by parrothd; 10-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead