Default Mobius Comparison

I am looking to buy a mobius. My question is there a significant difference in the 2005 and 2006. The 2005 has more options with and I believe the upholstery is in better shape. I heard that the hull was redesigned in 2006 and was wondering if I would be better off going with the year newer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes the 06 is significantly different, and you are much further ahead going with an 06 than an 05 in general. If the 06 is a piece of crap though and wasn't maintained well, the 05 may be a better deal but I would hold out and find a 06 that's in good shape.

I had the same thing, almost bought an 05 that's identical to my boat just the previous gen...I'm very glad I found my 06 and I even got it a grand cheaper than I was going to pay for the 05! Hold out for the right boat.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

At the top of this page you can hover your cursor over "About Moomba" and then click on "Archive". Go to the years you are looking at and see the specs for the boats. You will see the LSV changed to the bigger (better) hull in 2006 and the old one became the Outback V until it was replaced with the next OBV in 2009. Best of luck to you! You'll love your Moomba.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

One more question. The lsv i am looking it is a 2006, but there is also an 2009 outback v for just a bit more price. Just want to get feedback on what people would choose. I am a first time inboard owner and want to make a good choice. Thanks for all of the input.

Quote Originally Posted by jbschmoll View Post
    One more question. The lsv i am looking it is a 2006, but there is also an 2009 outback v for just a bit more price. Just want to get feedback on what people would choose. I am a first time inboard owner and want to make a good choice. Thanks for all of the input.
    I've had quite a few boats including a Schiada, Natique Team edition, an '02 Mobius and now a Tige RZ4.

My '02 Mobius throws my favorite wake for the beginner speeds (up to about 22-24 mph on GPS) with from none to a lot of ballast of the different boats (never did board behind the Schiada)

I can't tell you anything about the newer Moomba hull as I haven't been behind one (yet). They are great boats especially for the price. Stereo, ballast and Perfect Pass are all the same price no matter what boat (to a point!) that you put them in. Unless you live in Florida, take your time finding a boat as the buying season has just begun.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I am looking to buy a mobius. My question is there a significant difference in the 2005 and 2006. The 2005 has more options with and I believe the upholstery is in better shape. I heard that the hull was redesigned in 2006 and was wondering if I would be better off going with the year newer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
    The LSV was redesigned in 2006 and is 21'-6" vs 20'-8" in 2005. It also has more freeboard. The 2005 LSV became the Outback V in 2006. The 2009 Outback V is less than 20' so it is smaller still.

The 2006+ LSV is "just right" in my opinion as far as size goes. It was the best selling wakeboard boat model bar none a few years ago so it's a popular size.

I was shopping used boats in 2006 but ended up buying new because of the changes they made to the LSV in 2006.

You have to look at each boat and sit in them and take them out for a drive to figure out which is right for you.

Remember that IN GENERAL, a longer boat will be roomier but also heavier so you have to go faster to get a clean wake, not necessarily a good thing for younger riders or beginners.

Good luck!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well, the 2009 OBV was improved in many respects. It's a smaller boat than the LSV but it throws a nice surf wake, decent wakeboard wake and a respectable ski wake. It depends on how many in your typical crew. If more than 4-5, I wouldn't go with it. It also depends on what you do. If you are 50% or more skiing it is probably better. If you take 8-10 people out and only wakeboard and surf then the LSV is going to work way better. You might also factor in garage size.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your feedback. I am going to take a look at the 2006 LSV and hopefully it is what I am looking for. Hopefully soon I am a new Moomba owner!