Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Helps with the chore of transferring fuel....

I saw a comment in that thread on "how much you spend in gas" about a spout that someone is using and it reminded me of a very handy tool that I found a couple of years ago at either Bass Pro Shops or Overtons. Its a simple hose with a syphon mechanism and works great for getting gas from a can into the boat without spilling a drop!!! If you're like me and constantly filling the boat at the lift/dock, pick up one of these and you will be glad you did...

Can't seem to find it on Bass Pro Shops or Overtons website, but did find this link. I think the one I bought was $10-15.

http://www.yacht-pumps.com/magic-pum...-litre-per-min

magicpump.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

That is commonly referred to as the jack off siphon lol. It's an amazing tool though, and can provide quite a good workout! We use one at my shop all the time to siphon bad gas out of jetskis, at least down to a low enough level where it's easy to remove the gas tank. I think a lot of local hardware stores and/or automotive supply stores carry them.

Funny you brought this topic up, I was literally just talking to my coworker right before I logged on here about building a gas tank trailer with this little spare utility trailer I have, and we came to the conclusion that a truck bed gas tank with a hand pump would be the best thing to use. Found one on Craigslist this morning for $150, think I'll buy it and build me a gas tank trailer! I'm so freaking sick of filling up 11 gallons at a time with my two gas cans, and like you mentioned it's nearly impossible to fill efficiently using the regular spout on them.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

been using one of those for years to fill the boat. found one this season that uses a 1" valve & hose and drains a 5 gal gas can very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    been using one of those for years to fill the boat. found one this season that uses a 1" valve & hose and drains a 5 gal gas can very quickly.
    Sounds like a nice upgrade from the one I have -- where did you find it at?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

From Pull Watersports here in Atlanta. I think the mfg is here in GA, so after my post, I sent an email off to see if we can't get a group buy set up for forum members. Stay tuned.

They work great! You won't be saving much time if you go with the 3/8" pump though. The 1" is a tight fit getting the line in the boat and even tighter trying to feed the pump into the can, at least for my 15 gal caddy. I think they also come in 3/4". Here is a different link with a few more size options.

http://www.superjiggler.com/
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Default Re: Helps with the chore of transferring fuel....

Isn't that messy? Don't you have to put one end in the open gas can and fish it around so it's in the bottom?

Those cans and hoses I posted are great because you put the tube in the fill hole and lay the can on it's side, empties in a minute or two...no mess..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Isn't that messy? Don't you have to put one end in the open gas can and fish it around so it's in the bottom?

Those cans and hoses I posted are great because you put the tube in the fill hole and lay the can on it's side, empties in a minute or two...no mess..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think so at all.......you do need the end in the can at the bottom to get all the fuel but the can stays upright and no mess.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

nope, never have a mess and the gas can stays on the dock, not on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    From Pull Watersports here in Atlanta. I think the mfg is here in GA, so after my post, I sent an email off to see if we can't get a group buy set up for forum members. Stay tuned.
    I would probably be interested in one depending on price.

I went to the "superjiggler" website..........ha ha not what I would have initially thought it was

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet