Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wake the world

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Wake the world

Has anyone ever volunteered in the wake the world program, My local lake (smithlake) here in Alabama should have anther stop on the schedule for 2014, thinking about going

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Yes. Two years ago in the Chicago area. Had three kids and chaperon on my boat. Kids were great and so appreciative. Included picnic. If you have the chance, participate.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Default Re: Wake the world

I've seen some threads about it on the supra forum. That's all i got other than it looks like a great event. I would likely participate if it were near me.

Wakeworld has some threads if you want to reach out to someone there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Wake the world

We participates in WTW Houston this year, had three boys, a chaperon, and youth helper from the ministry that organized it on our boat. It was a blast and we will definitely sign up again for next year. The one change I think we may make is going from medium intensity kids to high intensity. Our boys were cool and all but anything over 10 mph on the tube and they would flip out haha. None of them even attempted to wake board

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Sharpshooter, I have helped drive for the Wake the World WV event for the past 2 years and for 2013 I was the organizer for the Wake the World Ohio in Columbus. He's my take and why I do it. Have you heard the saying "we do this for the kids" but in the end I get more from it as do my boys that have helped. It's just something that you see in the kids giving them a day on the water with people that care about them, encourage them, and show them the can do it. Many kids never have heard they can.
    The WV event had 6 boats in 2012 them 9 this year. For Ohio we had 5 boats with kids and 2 chase boats for pictures. I was worried could I put together an event, but with help from friends and support for other organizers we had a great event. The last thing I need to finish is the thank you gifts to the supporters and helpers, that's on my to do list.
    For a ragtag group of inboard boat owners there have been many kinds helped thru these great events. I think one of the craziest videos MMandley shared on Wake The World Oregon was about 31 boats heading out with kids, I think they had the largest one day event this year.

I will be organizing the Ohio event again this year.

here are some pictures of our event in houston, the kids faces just right up and Patrick was right one about us probably enjoying seeing them happy then they are actually enjoying it

i don't have as many pictures as i thought. oh well
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Sharpshooter, I have helped drive for the Wake the World WV event for the past 2 years and for 2013 I was the organizer for the Wake the World Ohio in Columbus. He's my take and why I do it. Have you heard the saying "we do this for the kids" but in the end I get more from it as do my boys that have helped. It's just something that you see in the kids giving them a day on the water with people that care about them, encourage them, and show them the can do it. Many kids never have heard they can.
    The WV event had 6 boats in 2012 them 9 this year. For Ohio we had 5 boats with kids and 2 chase boats for pictures. I was worried could I put together an event, but with help from friends and support for other organizers we had a great event. The last thing I need to finish is the thank you gifts to the supporters and helpers, that's on my to do list.
    For a ragtag group of inboard boat owners there have been many kinds helped thru these great events. I think one of the craziest videos MMandley shared on Wake The World Oregon was about 31 boats heading out with kids, I think they had the largest one day event this year.

I will be organizing the Ohio event again this year.
    We plan on volunteering next year if they have it again on smithlake, we would have done it this year but didnt know anything about it, I believe they had 16 boats this year
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Re: Wake the world

Looks like we may be doing 2 this next year in the NW.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    We plan on volunteering next year if they have it again on smithlake, we would have done it this year but didnt know anything about it, I believe they had 16 boats this year
    would like to participate ourselves, but that is just to far a tow
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    would like to participate ourselves, but that is just to far a tow
    According to wake the worlds website they had an event in Florida,just not sure what part of Florida
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David