Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think it's surftabs. there has to be a reason mc is the only company really exploring it and they are NOT known for producing class-leading wakesurf waves. I know 2 that ordered new x35's last year and opted out of surftabs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My 06 has a wakeplate. I do use it since I have it. Mostly for wakeboarding. I put it down for beginners to knock the wake down a bit, and all the way up for intermediate/advanced riders to maximize the wake. I don't use it much for surfing - I typically have it all the way up, unless I have a really light surfer, then I put it down to lenthen the wave some since they don't need all that height.

But I think the more important use for it is when the nose of the boat starts porpoising. It's nice to have the wakeplate at those moments. Just trim the wakeplate down a bit and it stops. Don't have to adjust speed or move people to the bow. Since your boat is a DD, you may not have porpoising issues?

If I didn't have porpoising issues and did not have a wakeplate, I probably would not go through the trouble of installing one.

That's my two cents.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV