Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    interesting wax that my bud has a boomerang dd with the same manually adjustable "wakeplate". he doesn't mess with his at all and has zero cavitation at any speed where it was a very nice thing to have on every vdrive I have owned/ridden in.
    Yeah, the Launch's was electronically adjustable, but I just don't remember thinking it made a whole lot of difference when it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Mine came with the plate from the factory. It even talks about it in the owners manual.
    That's interesting; with that small amount of possible adjustment, it's manual operation, and lack of hinge, I bet it was made so that you could fine tune the fore/aft attitude of the boat to your skiing preferences and leave it set there pretty much permanently.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by drb59 View Post
    This looks interesting. I would love to know if this really works. Very professional installation.
    I think that's an MC with surf tabs factory installed , yes they do work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItkqqKwEes
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItkqqKwEes
    I wonder if those MC tabs can be set to "automatic mode" and adjust the list of the boat for offset weight, to keep it perfectly level while wakeboarding or skiing, or whatever. Then also can be set to manual mode where you can cause the boat to list for surfing, etc. With the cost of a MC, I'd expect nothing less.

More food for thought:
    http://www.scdealerconnect.com/produ...an-do-for-you-

What the Multi-Sport Wakeplate Can Do For You

Posted by on Sunday, May 23, 2010 Under: Wake Plate

The Multi-Sport Wakeplate is actually a multi- “use” wakeplate. Unfortunately, the marketing guys wouldn’t let us name it that. What do they know anyway? The idea for a wakeplate on an inboard boat originated with Supra back in the early ‘80’s. Of course, most people back then were more concerned about flat wakes for watersking.

Early versions of the plate had manual twist adjustments on the rams that allowed a user with some effort to dial in their slalom wakes. Later versions had hydraulic rams which automated the adjusting but introduced hydraulic fluid into engine compartments or storage areas. Today’s version has an electric ram that responds faster, is more durable, and provides clean operations.

Towed water sports today have expanded into many different disciplines – each with their own requirements for wake sizes and shapes. A wakeplate, when combined with ballast tanks, allows a rider to modify and optimize the wake for each discipline by controlling the boat and the running surface on two planes – front-to-back and side-to-side – along with boat depth and displacement.

There are 3 main functions of the Multi-Sport Wakeplate on a Supra or Moomba boat.

1) Changing the attitude of the boat aka raising or lowering the bow The driver can adjust bow rise with adjustments to the wakeplate. In turn, this means fine tuning the ride to the optimal levels in a variety of water conditions and boat loads. For instance, the driver may want to run the bow higher, cruising above the waves. Or…at times, the driver may elect to drive the bow down lower to slice through the waves with the deep drop keel designed into the hull. Neither method is suitable to all conditions, but with the wakeplate, the driver can choose the best position.

2) Getting on plane quickly When the driver wants to get on plane quickly, the wakeplate can be set in down position at full deflection. Setting the plate all the way down will drive the bow of the boat down while coming out of the hole. When combined with the thrust power of an inboard drive train, this means less bow rise and greater visibility for the driver. This can be an important safety consideration. Quicker plane also helps the rider to begin riding sooner, because the boat can attain the set speed faster. At slower running speeds, setting the plate in a lower position will cause boat to run flatter. This can help with pulling a young rider or new rider at speeds below 15 mph.

3) Changing wake shapes In general, if the plate is lower in the water, the bow will tend to also be lower, and wake becomes flattened and soft. If the plate is set higher with little or no deflection, the bow will raise and the transom will drop and cause the wakes to grow. Keep in mind that the plate itself does not make the wakes bigger. A level plate only allows the wakes to gain their full size potential with a particular hull design. Obviously, boat load and speed greatly affects wake size and shape too.

Somewhere between low flat wakes and full crisp wakes is a wake shape that works for each rider. Slalom skiers and less experienced wakeboarders will like a lower and flatter wake. Wakeboarders who like to charge the wake, and land tricks way out in the flats tend to like a wake with a nice ramp shape to launch them up and out. Riders who like to spin often run the wake plate up a little higher to get steeper wakes that kick them up, without so much cut at the wake. Too much line tension on spins can pull the rope out of a rider’s hands, so a steep wake allows the rider to cut less, and still get the height needed for spin tricks. Most wake surfers will run the wake plate all the way, or most of the way up.

The single greatest advantage of the Multi-Sport Wakeplate is providing the rider and the driver ultimate flexibility and control of the ride, boat attitude, and wake shapes. Multi-Sport Wakeplates are standard on all Supra models and optional on all Moomba models. Skier’s Choice highly recommends a wakeplate on all V-drive model boats. This multi-useful device will enhance the functionality of the boat and provide users greater enjoyment and value.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Wow I guess my assumption was correct lol, and now that you posted that I remember reading that excerpt on their website before.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I think his comment was in regards to the link (above the picture). Pic from inside the link ...

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That is correct. I was looking at these pictures.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    I wonder if those MC tabs can be set to "automatic mode" and adjust the list of the boat for offset weight, to keep it perfectly level while wakeboarding or skiing, or whatever. Then also can be set to manual mode where you can cause the boat to list for surfing, etc. With the cost of a MC, I'd expect nothing less.

I don't know how well that would work because all though the boat would ride level side to side, the hull shape would be different side to side affect each side of the wake in a different manner. And what I mean by the hull shape would be different is that a wake plate or trim tab is simply and extension of the hull. I don't think you would be able to clean up wash without causing some other unintended consequence. Best thing for washy wakeboard wakes is a complete hull that is less weight sensitive side to side which is what moomba owners like me long for our of the SC factory in maryville...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I use my wakeplate, more than anything, to help get on plane when we don't have anyone in the bow. (manual version of auto plate basically). I don't use it to shape the wake all that much but I couldn't say I would be OK with it being gone.

MC uses "surf tabs" or at least used to. Look at "Bennet tabs", I think.

Here is a link to a Moomba edition of the idea. And a pic of a MC

http://www.waterskis.com/Surf-Tab-Insallation-s/620.htm

I'm actually in the process of doing this to my boat. See Surf Tabs thread in the "Moomba Modifications" sections. I got side tracked w/ work but hope to start the install soon...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....122-Surf-Tabs-)
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    I'm actually in the process of doing this to my boat. See Surf Tabs thread in the "Moomba Modifications" sections. I got side tracked w/ work but hope to start the install soon...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....122-Surf-Tabs-)
    I posted my comments in your thread. But in a nutshell, if I was going to spend the time/money on a mod that would tailor my wake, I'd REALLY have to decide what was the best way to go:
    • Surf Tabs
    • Nautique Surf System
    • Malibu Surf Gate
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com