Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default End of the season? Need advise

Two weekends ago, we planned on boarding at the Sac River on Saturday as Oroville is getting real low and not worth the 2 1/2 hour drive for one day. But woke up to rain, so we headed up to Berryessa which is about 25 minutes away on Sunday and had a great day.

So last Saturday here the weather was perfect, about 85 degrees, but we were working on a buddy's backyard, planning on going boarding the next day, Sunday. Wake up early Sunday, to clouds, cold and rain (thanks Oregon!)

This weekend it is supposed to be almost 90 here in Nor Cal, but my wife's friend called and offered us her Tahoe condo, which my wife said yes (Tahoe in Fall???? WTF? Squaw doesn't have boarding in the fall!). And to top it off, my local baseball team (Go A's) are in the playoffs!

So now I need some help, do I:
    1. Start coughing, "oh honey, you go without me, I don't want to ruin your weekend"
    2. File divorce papers? Seems a little rash
    3. Show her a little rash on my...?
    4. Load up the boat, and tell her "I'll be back in a couple of minutes..." and return Sunday night?
    5. Sell the house and move to Florida, board all year and their teams suck.
    6. And please don't tell me to just "Man up" I am married
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Take the boat and a wetsuit, water is always cold there.
    I bet they have direct tv to watch the A's
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Get the water temperature from Tahoe and fill the bathtub with water at that temperature and add a slight breeze with a fan and have her spend some time in it. Get the forecasted air temperature and set the house thermostat to that and have her simulate boarding by standing in front of a fan set to high after she gets out of the tub dripping wet. Then ask her if that is what she looks forward to. More than likely you will run around the lake with your heater on and never get in the water. You could take a TV, inverter and rabbit ears and watch the game from the boat.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

No boat for me on Tahoe, useless (beautiful, but useless) cold, cold, cold lake!

Not sure what we are supposed to do in Tahoe during fall?? Never been there without a snowboard! And did I mention it is supposed to be almost 90 here this weekend?!!

Just where does one get a "Ruffy"? Whoa!!! Just kidding!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Not sure what we are supposed to do in Tahoe during fall??

Actually my vote is #1.
    It's amazing how quickly you can get over a cough when the sun is out and it hits 90+... Just ask my employer.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

can't answer that question as don't really know your marriage dynamic, but if it was my place and we had not been on a vacation in a while, I'd probably go. not much to do there this time of year, but it is only for a weekend. chairlift to the top of the peak and hike will kill half day easy. pack a picnic, some wine, a blanket...... you get it

now if you have had some vacation time and this is really more about killing time, stay home and board, but offer up a nice dinner out sat night after the water to make up for the missed trip. tell her you had reservations planned already.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sandm, you sly dog you! Always thinking.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Oh I am just whining out loud, we will have a blast. Tahoe, much like where we live is beautiful year round and the whole crew will be going, wife and my three boys - probably hit some of the mountain bike trails and watch the A's while eating pizza.

I still just cant get over the timing, seems like the last two seasons I have spent dialing in a new boat (some major "Zipper Effects" from this forum!))

We call it WPP - white people problems (hope that doesn't get me in trouble) - things to whine about huh? "I cant take my boat our boarding this weekend, cause I have a free condo in Tahoe..." or "My amps didn't come in on time and now my uber stereo wont be ready for the weekend..." to "...It sure is taking me a bunch of time to get my new boat's wake adjusted..."

Things to bitch about!!!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Oh I am just whining out loud, we will have a blast. Tahoe, much like where we live is beautiful year round and the whole crew will be going, wife and my three boys - probably hit some of the mountain bike trails and watch the A's while eating pizza.

I still just cant get over the timing, seems like the last two seasons I have spent dialing in a new boat (some major "Zipper Effects" from this forum!))

We call it WPP - white people problems (hope that doesn't get me in trouble) - things to whine about huh? "I cant take my boat our boarding this weekend, cause I have a free condo in Tahoe..." or "My amps didn't come in on time and now my uber stereo wont be ready for the weekend..." to "...It sure is taking me a bunch of time to get my new boat's wake adjusted..."

Things to bitch about!!!
    Shouldn't get you in trouble, but I think most people call it FWP - First World Problems (no need to discriminate right). Trust me, we have all been there before and whining out loud just reminds us of the same times when we wanted to but were too afraid to. Goodluck and enjoy it.
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

I vote BOAT! Don't waste the nice days. Send her on a gals' weekend. See ya.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!